black nitrile gloves

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have a cheapie bee suit and the thumb elastic failed (so did everything else for that matter!) so I used some black elastic to replace the broken bit. That's what the bees went for.
With sweating my bits off recently in the warm weather, I would not go for anything other than white.

Smoke your gloves when they are aggressive, take out the first and all stings from your gloves, and smoke them again.

I put some extra cardboard/paper for the smoker in a 2l black plastic plant pot once and left it in the edge of a hive stand, the bees started hitting it like hailstones

I used to use a tiny black video camera, like a go-pro but a lot cheaper, which i wore around my neck during inspections, to record relevant info. After a few inspections I realised that it was a really bad idea.
The bees zeroed in on it and attacked. Maybe it was the combination of black and the lens but they didn't mess around. When I stopped wearing it their mood improved massively.

Latest posts

Back