• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Bee, AMM, German Bee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isn't there some umm cough for sale on Bid4 mm just the A, missing :D

take a look at the piccies - if those bees are amm then my cock's a lobster

I thought that the expression was '....my cock's a bloater'??!

:)

isn't there some umm cough for sale on Bid4 mm just the A, missing :D

well the AMM on there from darkest stockwell must be the only AMM in london, you do get old pockect of dark mongrels with negative wings but if they open mated in stockwell i dread to think what they will be crossed with

you are just soo picky :D
My Mongrels = MM see :D

I'm a big fan of the great Hugh Falkus who once wrote the phrase refering to a salmon masquerading as a sea trout
And his comment was (as reported by the late great Arthur Oglesby in the trout and salmon) my cock's a kipper (or in more genteel company us officers will say my tadger's a turbot!!)

dont even waste a second thinking the bibba will help you do any thing, they are a dead organisation, they just ant stopped trying to collect your moneys and subs

if you realy want german black bees there are many european bee breeding groups on the web you just have to look for them i know of several but if your realy desparte why not go on holiday to germany and buy some,?

if you realy want to see whats in europe but are to lazy to search for it, try this web site

http://www.beekeepingportal.com/companies.php?x=2

that should get you started. google translate and google search will get you most things if you can be bothered to find it.

germany has a country wide bee breeding programe, which means finding standardised queens is very easy.

we always used to arrange for every thing back in blighty and then pop over for a long weekend to collect.
you can drive , Birmingham to dover to calias and then belquie and holland into germany in 9 hours, berlin is 14 hours away and if you fly even quicker.

dont even waste a second thinking the bibba will help you do any thing

Not sure what you are basing that on HP, I have found them to be extremely helpful. They've given me loads of advice, done wing morphometry tests on all my colonies and will be helping me take grafts from their stock within the next few weeks and then will be allowing me to take the resulting queens to mate at their isolated mating site.
Doesn't sound like nothing to me. Maybe you just expect an AMM in a jiffy bag.

i have tried dealing with the bibba people many many times over the last 5 years and have NEVER HAD A SENSIBLE REPLY TO EMAILS OR LETTERS, meeting aranged with them were cancelled at the last minute. people who i have meet and delt with were not very good at training or explaining what they were doing.

bibba does not have a specific breeding programe or any form of breed standard to work with, nor do they have or run propperly set up breeder stations,

what they do have is a lot of good people working individualy on the same ideas but no one works together.

and whilst all that was going on they still wanted my subs

Fair enough. As with any organisation it is only as good as it's members.
Personally I think £25 to re-queen all my hives is a pretty good deal.

dont get me wrong, if the bibba. just like the bbka were to have several mass hangings several fireing squads and a good old fashons flogging here and there to remove some of the dead or fuddy duddt wood and to allow some fresh new blood jion and within reason have a damm good chance to realy change from the roots up to the top, i think the pair could easily be the best thing that can ever happen to our hobby

but when you have greed at the bbka with money and lack of structual support net work in the bibba, i dont think either does us any favours. but just think, i should say between them they could voice for 3/4 of bee keepers in the uk, thats a lot of voice

Pete not sure whys its gone wrong for u in bibba but they are on the right track m8ty, I'm in touch with the Conservation Officer who a very helpful chap ,,and i know a group up here are breeding this bee and selecting the best queens,, (my thoughts) i think they are being selective to who has the best chances of building colony's with no cross contamination from other bees, they put alot of time and effort to getting best closest strain to the wild native bee

Latest posts

Back