Bit of a culture shock !

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Reaction score
Just wondering, what does the lightening bolt do on the menu bar? I clicked on it out of curiosity, but not sure if it changed anything!
Is there a way of signing out, if you are using a shared device, ie family computer?
Many thanks.

TechAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering, what does the lightening bolt do on the menu bar? I clicked on it out of curiosity, but not sure if it changed anything!
Is there a way of signing out, if you are using a shared device, ie family computer?
Many thanks.
Not sure I see the lightning bolt.

You can log out, yes. Here is a screenshot on where to find the link:

1596298695544.png

Drewdrew

New Bee
Reaction score
Well done for moving the forum away from VB. That has been dead in the water for many years, and many admins have dropped it for XF.

One issue I have picked up - I click 'New posts' to see what's new. There is no (or I'm missing it) link to go direct to the new posts.

TechAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well done for moving the forum away from VB. That has been dead in the water for many years, and many admins have dropped it for XF.

One issue I have picked up - I click 'New posts' to see what's new. There is no (or I'm missing it) link to go direct to the new posts.
Mobile or desktop? Both should have it. Desktop it's here:

1596298993218.png

TechAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It weren't broke, why fix it? New format looks cheap and nasty.
The old software was not secure. It was no longer supported by the company (end of life) and any exploits/security issues were no longer being addressed or announced.

If you dislike this software, you would have hated the newest version of the previous software. It's terrible.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many thanks.
It brings up new posts

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The old software was not secure. It was no longer supported by the company (end of life) and any exploits/security issues were no longer being addressed or announced.
Which explains all the previous down time.

Fritillary

Field Bee
Reaction score
Under the circumstances - as has been explained - I'm just extremely grateful that all is continuing much as before. So far so good! Many thanks to those who're sorting this out, and especially to Mark (Admin).

ShinySideUp

Field Bee
Reaction score
While I am happy with the no ads feature I am a little puzzled as to why a company that runs forums would allow adverts to be blocked, it costs money to run these things and without adverts I'm just curious as to the revenue stream.

Reaction score
Well .. I'm slowly getting to grips with it. The glitches seem to be getting sorted and the things I thought were missing either I didn't find this morning or they have been switched on.. There are some extras that some of our members have been asking for and it's really quick. Having seen Mark's explanation we should all have some sympathy - without his initiative in the first place there would have been no forum and he's maintained it brilliantly single handed since Day 1. I'm sure we all wish him the very best for the future and that the ongoing problems with his daughter's health get sorted.

I feel certain that a couple of weeks on we will hardly remember the old format - at least now the forum will continue - the alternative of closing it down would have been a sad loss to all those, new and old, regular and infrequent members who rely so much on it.

I only have on question .. will membership continue to be free and contributions to the forum be on a voluntary basis ?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I only have on question .. will membership continue to be free and contributions to the forum be on a voluntary basis ?
Yes, membership will be free, and Support is on a voluntary basis and is appreciated when done.