Biscuits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go
175 gms plain flour
1 teaspoon of bicarb
75 gms of granulated sugar
100 gms of butter
1 large tablespoon runny honey
1 tablespoon of milk
Warm honey and milk and allow to cool, add bicarb and beat until frothy, cream butter and sugar and add frothy mixture and then seive flour in, roll I to small equal balls about 3cm diameter.
Place on greased baking tray
Press slightly with fork
Bake on middle shelf at 180 c for about ten minutes until golden
Leave to cool if you can keep your hands off them for that long!!!!!
E

120g (4oz) butter, softened
90g (3oz) runny honey
170g (6oz) self raising flour
120g (4oz) oatmeal, (NOT porage) medium or fine
30g (1oz) cornflour

Heat the oven to Gas 3 - 4, about 165°C - 170°C
Cream the honey and butter till light and fluffy.
Sift the flour and cornflour together and stir in the oatmeal, then stir into the honey/butter mixture to make a soft dough.
Leave for 10 minutes to let the oatmeal swell (this takes up the water content of the honey) and thicken the dough.
Turn out onto a floured board, knead lightly into a ball and roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin.
Cut out biscuits with a 2" cutter and place on non-stick trays.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until lightly golden.

Makes about 20

Makes a nice crunchy biscuit. I can only buy medium oatmeal here, so I sometimes whizz it in the processor to make it finer for a finer textured biscuit. It's good either way.

Makes about 20

Hardly worth turning on the oven for that few! Wouldn’t last long if any good.

Double or treble the quantities at least.:)

Thank you, love this forum, people are so helpful. :winner1st:
Off to bake both recipes, my lads can be the judges initially

Makes about 20

Hardly worth turning on the oven for that few! Wouldn’t last long if any good.

Double or treble the quantities at least.:)

I don't. I generally make four or five different biscuits once I've started, bourbons, shortbread, langues de chats, lemon biscuits, or whatever takes my fancy, just using a basic dough and adding/tweaking it.

Good honey biscuit recipes that use only honey are quite hard to find though, so I do like this one.

Hi Heather

Here's a recipe that always goes down really well at meetings.....and took first prize at the Welsh National Honey Show:)

Honey Biscuits

Ingredients
120g / 5oz butter
1 rounded teaspoon ground cinnamon
100g / 4oz caster sugar (plus extra for coating)
1 egg yolk
2 large tablespoons honey
180g / 7oz SR flour

Method
1. Cream the sugar and butter.
2. Mix in the honey and egg yolk.
3. Sift in the flour, cinnamon and mix together.
4. Form the dough into balls, (about 20g to give you and idea of size), roll these into a mixture of sugar and cinnamon, then flatten onto a baking sheet covered with silicone or greaseproof paper. (I don't usually bother with the sugar/cinnamon coating, myself - sweet enough without!)
5. Cook in a medium oven, 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4 fof 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the tray asap and cool on a rack!

Still cooking, and waiting for 2 sons to came and adjudicate. Thanks all. will let you know the result.

Have to say Mintmoth came out most popular with the Welsh contingent a close second. Thanks all..but ruined my diet as I had to try all, and they were delicious.

Have to say Mintmoth came out most popular with the Welsh contingent a close second. Thanks all..but ruined my diet as I had to try all, and they were delicious.

Oh poo! Back to the drawing board! Thanks though, good to get a second opinion. Will try mintmoths recipe next time!
E

Came off tray fine, but go soft quite quickly.. Fine to eat asap, but need for a competition too. Are they supposed to be bendy?

Let's say that they have plastic properties.....in my house they vary between bendy and crisp, depending on the humidity! :xmas-smiley-016:

Latest posts

Back