Bidata

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daytonadean

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi
Has enyone used the Bee program BIDATA EDBi it can now be used for free for up to 20 hives,,,
BUT i am running vista, it loads but when opening it either shuts down or keeps coming up with unknown database ?
any one had the same problems??
Dean

Try running as with an older version of windows .

John Wilkinson

I have used this software, but you need to run it as a administrator. goto where the program has been installed in programe files, and right click on the shortcut, and click the tab that say'run as administrator'

Can you enlighten us not in the know what this bidata program does?

Post a link to it please so I can have a look

Hi Blair,
I have tried running as administrator but the program opens and then closes straight away... any other help welcome.
Dean

Hi Blair,
I have tried running as administrator but the program opens and then closes straight away... any other help welcome.
Dean

Hi I am also running Vista and had the same problems. Tried installing and reinstalling but it still happens so I had to remove it from the computer.

Alan:confused:

Bidata and vista

I know that Vista can be nasty. I myself do not have a vista OS so I cannot test it on this, but I downloaded the new Windows7 both as 32 and 64bit and installed my software on this. It must here be run as administrator, and as such I have not encountered problems.

If Bidata runs and then shut down this can be the reason. Bidata only allows one instance of it to be loaded, so if you have one instance hidden in memory it will not run. Only thing to do here is to reboot.

The Database can be corrupt. Look up the Bidata directory in your c root drive and delete this.

By the way Bidata is only 'limited to' 10000 hives if you use the register utility

Have a nice beekeeping summer

best regards Jorn johanesson

Hi Jorn,
deleting the bidata directory in the c:\ works. :party:
program looks great il have a play tonight when i get home.
Thanks all for your replys
Dean

Hi Jorn,
deleting the bidata directory in the c:\ works. :party:
program looks great il have a play tonight when i get home.
Thanks all for your replys
Dean

I know that this helps if database is corrupted in one or another way. But it should only be last action if you have used my software seriously and have a lot of entries in it. I have therefore added a third party database repair utility that should be used first before the ultimate destruction. You will find it in typically c:\Program Files\Apimo Biavl\Bidata Win95-98\tools You will find two repair validation utilities that handles the paradox database I am using.

One is Paradox rebuild.exe and the other is dtutil32.exe

best regards Jorn Johanesson Jorn Johanesson

will this run on OSX?

I have not a Mac but I was told that by using this software on the Mac, windows software should also run on this OSX platform if Intel is supported

The software is freeware and you can find it here http://www.winehq.org/ This software should also allow Unix systems to handle windows software.

best regards Jorn Johanesson

Latest posts

Back