Bickerstaffes queen bees AMM x 2

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know about that mbc Bickerstaffes are uk based and get the queens from a Greek supplier.

Obviously things go wrong my problem was how Bickerstaffs dealt with me I suspect the Greek suppliers are non the wiser but they did supply the queen and perhaps Bickerstaffs have had many problems. Who knows?

From experience I would say give Bickerstaffes a wide berth and use Norton if you plan to import...

From experience I would say give Bickerstaffes a wide berth and use Norton if you plan to import...
Not another advertising? :D:D:D:D
VM
Soz admin, withdrawal symtoms :)
VM

haven't any personal experience of Bickerstaffes' bees

BUT

in late winter/spring they had a list of available over wintered nucs.

however, come april they said these various stocks would only be available after they'd split them on weekend of 23rd/24th april to replenish their stocks.

so not exactly full overwintered nucs ready for rapid spring build up.

i ended up getting a couple of nucs from poly hive.

The ones I had were no use to me. I got rid of, same as I did for a queen I bought from Cyprus.

PH

Poly Hive have you got a picture of the queen? Bickerstaffes queen bees AMM? I had a swarm from a wood a few weeks a go and the bees are pure black no strips what so ever and really nice to work with.

No.

They were very black but the temper was poor, they were runners and generally failed to perform to my standards.

PH

The Alpine carnies propagated in NZ. Very pleased with them too.

I went that route for several reasons. Firstly I was and am unable to source AMM that is up to scratch.

2 ndly no point here in East Mids as there are so many oddities around that matings would be uncertain.

Yes the same applies to the Carnies but so far they are holding their own.

PH

I bought 3 Amm queens from Bickerstaff's last year and found the brood very variable. 1 was good but all 3 have started to fail. They were an improvement on the queens I've bred. I have managed to raise 2 or 3 out crosses this year but don't know how good or how well they got mated with this weather.

The Alpine carnies propagated in NZ. Very pleased with them too.

I went that route for several reasons. Firstly I was and am unable to source AMM that is up to scratch.

2 ndly no point here in East Mids as there are so many oddities around that matings would be uncertain.

Yes the same applies to the Carnies but so far they are holding their own.

PH
Yes these queens were recommended to me buy another member who has them, too late this year but will try a few next april

They were not available this year but who knows for next.

PH

Latest posts

Back