BIBBA talk on Ley Lines

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They train dogs to do that these days then give them a doggie VC when they get shot or blown up. 😢
There was a lot of research done on using bees to detect explosives. I can dig out the academic papers if anyone is interested. From memory, bees are brilliant at the task, but wave a pot of honey around and they immediately head for that instead

They train dogs to do that these days then give them a doggie VC when they get shot or blown up. 😢
I remember working with our Firearms/explosives dogs when they came to help out at Swansea and Fishguard during the usual hassle over the water. One of the things they're trained to react to is gun oil, they used to go bonkers over my car But I think I was a bit naughty squirting a bit of 'Young's .303' oil in my Senior Officer's turnups :icon_204-2:

Last edited:
There was a lot of research done on using bees to detect explosives. I can dig out the academic papers if anyone is interested. From memory, bees are brilliant at the task, but wave a pot of honey around and they immediately head for that instead
Inscentinel based in Rothamsted was one company. Now defunct

I read about that in Bee craft. I think the amount of time training and the lifespan of the bee made it unviable.

Just finished watching the talk on youtube. You can't really be on the fence regarding the speaker. He eaither believes everything he says and all his stories are true and basically proof(ish) or a crazy coincidence OR he is the biggest fibber with burning pants.
Personally I find he is trustworthy and I take it as proof(ish) that we just don't understand something yet that one day science will surely work out.
It is foolish of us to believe that humans have discovered (and proved) everything there is to discover and scientifically proven. More discoveries are proven every year.

Just finished watching the talk on youtube. You can't really be on the fence regarding the speaker. He eaither believes everything he says and all his stories are true and basically proof(ish) or a crazy coincidence OR he is the biggest fibber with burning pants.
Personally I find he is trustworthy and I take it as proof(ish) that we just don't understand something yet that one day science will surely work out.
It is foolish of us to believe that humans have discovered (and proved) everything there is to discover and scientifically proven. More discoveries are proven every year.
I've met Roger a good few times ... I don't agree with everything he says or believes but he's always genuine and bases what he says on what he has observed ... I can't see any benefit it making stories up about dowsing - it is very convincing when the rods move on their own in your hands. What causes it .. well - Who knows ? The believers believe - the deniers deny ! It will always be thus until the science catches up ...

At risk of repeating myself dowsing works for me. I don't know why but it does. Several times it's worked when I am far from home on unfamiliar ground so I couldn't possibly have prior knowledge or memories of locations. Mumbo jumbo/high energy magic I've no idea. I'm thinking now of a line (probably misquoted) uttered by oddball when he informed kelly hey I don't fix the tank I just drive it! (From the film Kelly's heroes)

- it is very convincing when the rods move on their own in your hands. What causes it .. well - Who knows ? The believers believe - the deniers deny ! It will always be thus until the science catches up ...
I must get those rods out you made me and see if the potting shed is on a line
Get swarms there every year

It's interesting seeing how het up people get.
I met a professional bee keeper in Spain who claimed that Ley lines were really important in siting his hives, his most productive being sited at the base of an electricity pylon.

There's lots of science we don't fully understand and absence of evidence is not the same as evidence of absence.
There are lots of assetions of fact based on flimsy evidence on both sides.
If someone wants to believe that there is something in it, or equally that there isn't let them, we live in a society where we can believe different things.

I'm inclined to believe that there might be. Might even bend a coat hanger and have a go at some point, but you are all entitled to your own views of the sense in doing that.
Magnetic north bounces around, it is not in the same place all the time.
https://maps.ngdc.noaa.gov/viewers/historical_declination/

Latest posts

Back