BIBBA talk on Ley Lines

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most will dip in and read most new posts to a thread so only one mention is usually needed for every one in the most part to pick up on, spamming many threads isn't needed.

Most will dip in and read most new posts to a thread so only one mention is usually needed for every one in the most part to pick up on, spamming many threads isn't needed.
Every thread has a list of newly added to threads down the right hand side so having multiple posts all with the same subject will push out other posts of interest. It's also a really easy way for the mods to see trouble coming.

So why not send me a message and say "Can we delete all but one and move it to it's own thread so that it doesn't confuse people"?

You can’t do that. Very often people have a flit through posts, post themselves and log off. So I pm you and you don’t see the message for a few hours. What happens to your posts while you are absent and the threads move on? It’s simply not doable.

Your mistake was posting a number of identical posts across a number of different threads ... you are relatively new to the forum .. so perhaps you have not yet picked up the forum etiquette yet ... the moderation on here is very light generally and I think it keeps the forum in good shape.

You should, perhaps, have just started a new thread - I accept that you posted on other threads where there was reference to energy lines but opening up five threads that were in some cases old and occasionally contentious - not a good idea.

Learn from it and move on ... I think it was PT Barnum that said 'there's no such thing as bad publcity' so you have acheived your objective. Thanks for bringing the talk to our attention - I'm sure your intention was good even if your delivery sucks ...
Yes. I realise that now. I thought it was like Facebook where you add to a specific post and those who were engaged with the particular topic would see the relevant information I had found. It never crossed my mind to start a new thread, being a newbie. Must try harder on my delivery!

You can’t do that. Very often people have a flit through posts, post themselves and log off. So I pm you and you don’t see the message for a few hours. What happens to your posts while you are absent and the threads move on? It’s simply not doable.
I was able to message the moderator and have a conversation with him. Shame it was me that had to try and figure that out. I don't disagree with what has been done, just the way in which it has been done. But thanks for your reply.

I suggest those who are easily shocked should stop reading now.:eek:

I don't "do" ley lines. I can't use a divining rod - have tried over 50 years so assume I am not psychic (or is that deluded?).

BUT
Roger P and BIBBA have produced an excellent series of ZOOM meeting for (largely) beginners at a time when most local BBKA Associations have not ben able to.
And the BBKA has done: half of f all.

So I will not hear a rude word against Roger P as without him none of those presentations would have been made.
So whilst I am incompetent/agnostic on ley lines, I seriously think Roger has done a extremely good job - especially for newcomers to beekeeping and deserves a widespread thank you from us all.

(Pity the BBKA have not done it but that requires practical skills instead of diplomas. Yes I have to get a dig in somewhere.)

:cool:

I don't "do" ley lines. I can't use a divining rod - have tried over 50 years so assume I am not psychic (or is that deluded?).

BUT
Roger P and BIBBA have produced an excellent series of ZOOM meeting for (largely) beginners at a time when most local BBKA Associations have not ben able to.

So I will not hear a rude word against Roger P as without him none of those presentations would have been made.
So whilst I am incompetent/agnostic on ley lines, I seriously think Roger has done a extremely good job - especially for newcomers to beekeeping and deserves a widespread thank you from us all.

(Pity the BBKA have not done it but that requires practical skills instead of diplomas. Yes I have to get a dig in somewhere.)

If BIBBA queen rearing matched the webinar production rate they could supply the uk queen requirements.😇

I was able to message the moderator and have a conversation with him. Shame it was me that had to try and figure that out. I don't disagree with what has been done, just the way in which it has been done. But thanks for your reply.
You are unique. Nobody has ever mistaken us for Facebook 😉

So ... you don't accept that the earth has detectable magnetic fields .?
I absolutely do accept that the earth has a magnetic field. But magnetism isn't energy. The sandal-footed brigade use the word 'energy' to express all sorts of magical and mystical nonsense and that's why using it in this context makes it sound to me like hocus-pocus. If you don't like 'ley lines' and think the unexplained phenomenae are related to magnetism, why not call them 'magnetic lines' or 'magnetic perturbances'?

I also think that there may be something in ley lines / magnetic field perturbances. People have been dousing and finding underground water for millennia. I've never tried it (or had the need to) and I'm sceptical that it would work for me (probably because I don't understand how it could work), but I'm more than willing to believe that underground features (water, rock formations, mineral deposits, pipes and so on) are capable of interacting with the Earth's magnetic field and causing local distortions in it. It's also possible that bees might detect these field distortions and react accordingly, or use them to locate DCAs and so on.

I will be watching RP's talk, even though I do find him a little irritating.

I absolutely do accept that the earth has a magnetic field. But magnetism isn't energy. The sandal-footed brigade use the word 'energy' to express all sorts of magical and mystical nonsense and that's why using it in this context makes it sound to me like hocus-pocus. If you don't like 'ley lines' and think the unexplained phenomenae are related to magnetism, why not call them 'magnetic lines' or 'magnetic perturbances'?

I also think that there may be something in ley lines / magnetic field perturbances. People have been dousing and finding underground water for millennia. I've never tried it (or had the need to) and I'm sceptical that it would work for me (probably because I don't understand how it could work), but I'm more than willing to believe that underground features (water, rock formations, mineral deposits, pipes and so on) are capable of interacting with the Earth's magnetic field and causing local distortions in it. It's also possible that bees might detect these field distortions and react accordingly, or use them to locate DCAs and so on.

I will be watching RP's talk, even though I do find him a little irritating.
Its difficult to know what to call the grid of lines that are referred to as ley lines... whatever term you use it generates fuel for those who, without a scientific explanation, describe the effects that are attributed to them as hocus pocus ...a magnet is a source of energy in its basest form .. watch a linear motor drag a train along a track with no obvious means of propulsion or the effect of gravity when an egg slips out your fingers. Phenomena that took centuries for science to explain. I don't mind what its called if it accurately describes what we see but I was reluctant to suggest anything with magnetic in the name as it just confuses the issue further I am aware that magnetic receptors have been found in the brains of some creatures and I think they may well tune into the earth's magnetic grid... but who knows ? Theres no money for research into something that does not make money so I doubt we will get an answer any time soon...

Yes - there is a lot of anecdotal evidence but no scientific research to support it. However, I stick by what I said - magnetism isn't energy (and also, gravity isn't magnetism).

Yes - there is a lot of anecdotal evidence but no scientific research to support it. However, I stick by what I said - magnetism isn't energy (and also, gravity isn't magnetism).
No ...I didn't say it was... or that gravity was magnetism ... they are (without delving too deeply I to quantum theory) both forces that are capable of producing energy so if you are being pedantic I suppose we would better refer to the phenomena of lines distinguishable in the earth's crust as Lines of Force ....which is probably going to be pounced on by those who will discount them via Newtons theory....so perhaps I will call those that I detect Pargs lines ....🤣

Perhaps they have something to do with the new 5th force of nature recently discovered. :oops:

You are unique. Nobody has ever mistaken us for Facebook 😉
It's my age. Everything on the computer is alien. My granddaughter regrets the day she set me up with it. Apparently it's not fashionable for a 17year old to get regular help emails from their grandad. Thank you.

Reactions: mbc
It's my age. Everything on the computer is alien. My granddaughter regrets the day she set me up with it. Apparently it's not fashionable for a 17year old to get regular help emails from their grandad. Thank you.
You need a 7 year old. My husband’s grandchildren try to coach him but it’s a foreign language and he is a reluctant pupil. It took me 10 years to get him to have a smart phone.

BUT

You may worship the ground RP walks on. Personally I think he should not have polluted Dave Cushman's excellent website with his own ideas. Dave's site was a testimony to his lifes work which ought to have been left well alone as a memorial.

You may worship the ground RP walks on. Personally I think he should not have polluted Dave Cushman's excellent website with his own ideas. Dave's site was a testimony to his lifes work which ought to have been left well alone as a memorial.

The pages Dave Cushman wanted to stay unchanged have been left unedited.

"Notice
Dave Cushman died on 22nd February 2011 and shortly before he died he asked me to take over his websites. I later learnt he bequeathed them to me. I am a beekeeper and we discussed the future of the beekeeping website with Dave telling me I could develop it how I wished. He specifically asked that all non-beekeeping websites and pages stay exactly as they are and I promised I would maintain them as long as I could. I understand his reasons and will respect them, so I am unable to accept any offers of additions or updates.

Roger Patterson"

Back