best nuc suppliers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porterswoods

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi all

i want some more bees and i want to order for next season. I just wanted to pick peoples brains to find out who, in their opinion, is the best supplier of nucs or package bees.

Thanks for your help
James

As above :iagree:

Near ish Kent or SE

I've not got much experience of this, but from what I've learned this year, buy your nucs from a local beekeeper and inspect them first for Q+ and brood before accepting them.

Package bees are less critical as long as they are healthy, but buy a good queen for them from a recognized good supplier. Several of the more experienced members will tell you where they purchased good ones recently.

Regards JC.

I've not got much experience of this, but from what I've learned this year, buy your nucs from a local beekeeper and inspect them first for Q+ and brood before accepting them.

Package bees are less critical as long as they are healthy, but buy a good queen for them from a recognized good supplier. Several of the more experienced members will tell you where they purchased good ones recently.

Regards JC.

:iamwithstupid:

hi all

i want some more bees and i want to order for next season. I just wanted to pick peoples brains to find out who, in their opinion, is the best supplier of nucs or package bees.

Thanks for your help
James

Why not save your money and take an artificial swarm off the colony you already have?

Why not save your money and take an artificial swarm off the colony you already have

The hive i have is weak and it is touch and go if it will make it through winter, (i've had laying workers and queen problems in a nuc that was delivered in august.) My guess is it probably won't. With only 1 hive my choices of uniting are somewhat limited!

I would want an early nuc to get it strong enough to artifically swarm mid season to get me 2 hives and thus opening my options somewhat.

so to get an eary nuc i need to make the decision and order early.

Cheers
James

there is a man in west birmingham called mick i would stay away from his quality is very very poor this year

Would that be 'M. Billingham' from Kidderminster, Pete ? I think I have seen his advert in the Warwickshire Beekeeper mag.

I think there might have been a thread earlier this year on the forum about a nuc from him.

JC.

perhaps you'd better not answer that query. I think he has an apiary in Halesowen, W. Birmingham as well as his Kidderminster operation.

Last edited:
I would recommend Admin
He supplied me with excellant Bees this year.
Maybe a bit too far south for you though.
bee-smillie

A credit to Admin,i have heard some very good comments about the quality of his nuc's/bee's from clients of mine as well.well done.

i have paid my deposit to admin. so now it is a waiting game. He is a fair distance away but i am next to the M1 so should be a simple journey south.

Once i am driving it doesn't matter how far really and his bees are highly recommended.

WE will be shaking UK package bees again for sale in April/May 2010 Don’t miss out
Each package will consist of 3.1/2 pound bees a young imported queen.
THE bees are held in special made none returnable boxes traveling boxes holding enough sugar syrup for the journey and can be re-used.
The bees cost £110 each collected.
Package crates holding 5 or more are £100 each collected.
A minimum 25 packages, "a 1 drop delivery" to a beekeepers yard, UK only £70

1. They are headed by the best proven young imported queens we can find.
2. Boost you’re over wintered hives by uniting or strengthen weak stocks.
3. Fill any empty hives with bees.
4. Ideal for filling (TBH) top bar hives.
5. Ideal for pollination contracts.
6. Have no fear of disease as they have no wax/frames.
7. The bees have been in a dark cool isolation room for 24 hours.
8. The bees will be approved by the bee inspector for export.
9. Read last years reviews.
10. A package bought in April/May will collect honey by July.
11. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kHrhoXFkwk

A limited amount will be available PM me or reply to the thread for more information in placing your order

Latest posts

Back