best laid plans 'n all that...SLOBLOCK...help needed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BH weekend - all plans made to get the last of the honey off hives and treat them for the autumn varroa treatment and feed with syrup and then on Friday I managed to dislocate my finger while clearing a flat ahead of it's impending sale.

After being up for 12 hrs ( 11 of them working solidly on aforementioned flat clearance) I was unloading the van for the last time at a lock up and I tripped and fell into it as I stepped up to heft the larger part of the sofa.

Having worked through the day with a sore finger, having previously pulled the joint back into place, this was the final straw. Cut to me hopping around the yard using rather un-godly language and the realisation that the 'crack' I heard as I broke my fall was a lot louder than the dislocation 'pop'.

Fast forward to Saturday morning and after 3 hours at the local RUH in Bath, a rather juicy couple of x-rays later and it seems I have a rather lovely fracture. Fingers strapped up, keep said hand in an elevated position and take painkillers.

oh SLOBLOCK.

That's an anagram by the way, as is BOLLOSCK. (for any Fry and Laurie fans out there)

I've got a Tuesday morning appointment which a surgeon is going to consider whether repair is required if I can't 'rotate' said digit. I can't do much with it TBF and am now rather worried about the autumn work ahead of me.

I'd only just bought a rather neat cordless blower for the clearing of supers as well.

If there's anyone in N Wilts who could lend a hand...literally...then that would be much appreciated.

xray1.jpegxray2.jpeg

Latest posts

Back