Best dehumidifier

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Anyone recommend a dehumidifier that doesn't cost the earth please. I've learned my lesson so it'll be single use hopefully

Unfortunately the best dehumidifiers will cost. You may find something at screwfix that does the job for reasonable money.

Anyone recommend a dehumidifier that doesn't cost the earth please. I've learned my lesson so it'll be single use hopefully
I use the one I have in the house, its an Ecoair DD1 desiccant dehumidifier, (there are different sorts) can remove around 7 litres from the air a day. I've had it for three or four years it cost me just over £100 ish then – not the best but a very good type for my needs. I just stand it in a small room with any honey that needs reducing – works fine.

I have the ElectiQ CD20LE-V2 ("Which" best buy in 2019) . Was purchased to dry out our rental property after major water leak . It works very well and can also be used as an air purifier. Now used to reduce water content of uncapped supers of late summer honey. They do make several other models (both cheaper and dearer than this one).

https://www.electriq.co.uk/ct/heating-and-air-conditioning/dehumidifiers

Thanks M They're about £150ish now :oops: I'll see if they have one local as I need it today

Depends on the volume of the area you want to use it in. If you can put bucket(s) in a small room or cupboard you really don't need a big or expensive dehumidifier. The mini dehumidifiers we use for our static caravans over the winter only cost around £30 and work well - Amazon have lots listed. They only have small tanks, so you either need to rig up a hose to allow them to empty automatically, or just empty it manually yourself each day.

If you're only expecting to use it once it seems a waste to spend anything like three figures!

Meaco 8ddl (or something like that) is what I have bought second hand off epay. Lousy reliability (from new) but easy (for me) to get them sorted. All mine were bought as non-runners so I have two and a spare for keeping my workshop machinery dry enough (to remain rust-free) and above dew point during the cooler, damper, months.

Not the cheapest to run (they are a desiccant type) but get the job done for me as the efficiency of compressor dehumidifiers is fairly poor as the temperature reduces below 20 Celsius.

First one I bought only needed to be put together with only the low heat setting available (~350W v ~700W), the second just needed some decent lubrication (not the original chinese rubbish) and I made one work from two non-runners I bought.

I only run two when I am away, so they can collect 4 litres of water before turning off. Normally I only use one for a couple hours each night to maintain the low humidity and reasonable temperature.
Three working dehumidifiers for little more than a hundred and twenty quid seems OK by me.

They cost some money, usually it's hard to find a cheap one, maybe if from 2nd hand only. A conventional dehumidifier will remove moisture from the air in your home, but the size you require will be determined by the size of the room in the issue. A model that is too little for your space may barely make a dent in the damp air, while one that is too huge may dry out the air. Here is a top of 7 best dehumidifiers dehumidifiercritic.com, which can be interesting to read for you.

Last edited:
They cost some money, usually it's hard to find a cheap one, maybe if from 2nd hand only. A conventional dehumidifier will remove moisture from the air in your home, but the size you require will be determined by the size of the room in the issue. A model that is too little for your space may barely make a dent in the damp air, while one that is too huge may dry out the air. Here is a top of 7 best dehumidifiers dehumidifiercritic.com, which can be interesting to read for you.
I wonder if everything is real as you describe it?

Latest posts

Back