Best climbers for bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freethorpe bees

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Two - one fiesty, one lovely. ;0)
Hi all.

The other half has made an archway in the front garden. We want a climber for it - one that honey bees would like. Any ideas?

FB

Clematis cirrhosa pretty good for flowers this time of the year!

Species climbing or rambling rose. These will grow fairly fast. My neighbour has one scrambling over his woodstore. It has masses and masses of simple white flowers that last all June and most of July and the bees are all over it.

Sherpa Tensing?

Rambling roses if you have the soil for them... or an evergreen clematis with an annual one creeping through it?
We have a wisteria.. but it takes an age to grow!

I didn't know bees visited passionflower. My mum has a huge one and I've never seen bees on it so I googled and wiki says they do use it.

Dixitque eis: De comedente exivit cibus, et de forti egressa est dulcedo. nec potuerunt per tres dies propositionem solvere.

Yes, I've always liked golden syrup too! ;)

Solanum jasminoides supposed to be very good- can't vouch for it, but planning to plant one this year.

Yes, I've always liked golden syrup too! ;)

Yes, public school programmer, can't do the job in the time allowed so needs a fourth day to find a solution. Obviously a sticky problem . . . :)

Latest posts

Back