Best Christmas Present?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a Kindle.:)

Me too, clever little gizmo, isn't it? Have you got the forum up on it? Wouldn't let me load it, the cheek of it!;)

Ziplock poly bag and one can even read in the bath! :)

Last edited:
So, what was the best Christmas present you got?

I got a hive!

But even better, I got 4 mugs with my avatar on and 2 other similar photos!

And a bee brush! Uncapping fork! Queen holders etc!

And a sponsored hive of bees in Columbia.

Only need bees now!

Can I swap my relatives in law for yours? My husband's rellys came up with the usual bath related tat. I wish he'd man up and call a present giving truce and stop the whole thing.
Best present was the one I just gave myself with a little spend in the Paynes sale.:hurray:
Cazza

i personal hate humbug and what it has become. i would rather sit in the bee shed on my own than be in a house full of people celebrating Disney day with Tesco day food.

for me the perfect present is made not brought, sorry just a misrable grinch me.

BUT...............................

best pressie ever on humbug day went to the spare room to do the morning turn of my ixworth eggs to find that out of seven eggs five have hatched. we now house chickens for the next four months, which is great for me and a divorce from the wife proberly!

"Now where is DrS' coat..."

Sorry - in use at present - spent last couple of days shovelling snow and ensuring poultry drinkers and duck baths are full of unfrozen water.

BTW Pete - great news re the ixworths! House chooks are great fun. Keep all surfaces covered with BA business class
blankets once they start flapping and Dr Who DVDs on a loop - keeps house chooks transfixed believe me!

Last edited:
HoneyBee democracy Thomas D Sealey. Read most of it already. Fascinating.

I got chocolates, fluffy slippers, cotton apron (I keep getting my clothes dirty when I cook cakes) and gloves.
No Bee related things this year.

Got a Kindle.:)

Mother in law got one, but it might as well be a chalk board as she can not even plug it it!:rofl:

I have sorted it for her today and "obtained" loads of "free" books for her today....lots of Brownie point for me.

I am holding out for an Ipad.

Kindle is u/s for libraries.

Kobo is good for same.

Grins, I like freebies.

PH

I got Honeybee Democracy and The Buzz about Bees, no naked wife though:leaving::leaving:

"Now where is DrS' coat..."

Sorry - in use at present - spent last couple of days shovelling snow and ensuring poultry drinkers and duck baths are full of unfrozen water.

BTW Pete - great news re the ixworths! House chooks are great fun. Keep all surfaces covered with BA business class
blankets once they start flapping and Dr Who DVDs on a loop - keeps house chooks transfixed believe me!

loving the look, now just the main point how did you talk the wife round??

I got a hive and a Nuc. Stunned. I asked for hive bits. Literally, a lift or a super etc. Nit the whole thing. And I also got a skep. I am very humbled this christmas. I was spoilt rotten. I am sitting here writing this as Christmas dinner is leaving me .... Merry Christmas everyone. Mom got a kindle and a pc from us. The kindle is stunning. Never seen one before.

Finman and Queen I wish your families well and healthy for the future.

Whoo hoo. Got our first hive, bee suits and a smoker. Cant wait to get started now.

new gloves to replace the ones the mice eat the fingers out of. 2 pairs! One leather and one plastic. Leather for my hives and plastic for evryone else's so I don't bring desease back to my own hives again!!!
Thanks Santa

An Onan manine generator, but I won't see it until I next fly out, but it does mean I can run the aircon on the boat again.....yeees

Latest posts

Back