Best buy 2010

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essex paul

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 full and up to 20 nucs
Isn't it strange that if you buy an item for bee keeping it can costs £100's more than if it was intended for a different purpose! My best buy this year was a bolier from Lidl which cost me £40, is thermosatically controlled, take a 30lb honey bucket, and also doubles up as a water bath when jaring honey. Similar item in Thornes £140+, what's your best buy? Incidentally this item is back in Lidl this week reduced to £30, click attachment to see item.

Nice one ! Wish we had a lidl closer

Isn't it strange that if you buy an item for bee keeping it can costs £100's more than if it was intended for a different purpose!

Doesnt just apply to beekeeping.

Stuff from a caravan parts shop cost more than same thing from B&Q.
The suppliers rely on people having no common sense.

I may pop to my local lidl to have a look. I am wanting one to recover wax from old frames.

Isn't it strange that if you buy an item for bee keeping it can costs £100's more than if it was intended for a different purpose! My best buy this year was a bolier from Lidl which cost me £40, is thermosatically controlled, take a 30lb honey bucket, and also doubles up as a water bath when jaring honey. Similar item in Th**nes £140+, what's your best buy? Incidentally this item is back in Lidl this week reduced to £30, click attachment to see item.

being new to beekeeping, I "assume" that you warm the honey in this for filtering? is that correct?

is this the similar item at the company that shall not be named, click here

and it is £251.99 !!!! OMG, how expensive.

yes, and hot water bath for honey jars before sale stops them from setting for three months

Doesn't matter where you look, it goes on.

A recent example was a book on epay for 25 quid delivered, but from amaz*n sellers from just 6 quid delivered. So there are not only some amazing mark-ups by vendors but also some incredibly stupid people out there. Little wonder the scammers are still making a packet!

Regards, RAB

just been to local lidl and non in stock. shame.

just been to local lidl and non in stock. shame.

That sounds about right.

They say they have these bargains but none when you get there..

I know somebody who was waiting at the door when they opened on morning of offer. None of what he was after. They said they'd all been sold. He threw his toys out of his pram until they promised to get him one.

Doesn't matter where you look, it goes on.

A recent example was a book on epay for 25 quid delivered, but from amaz*n sellers from just 6 quid delivered. So there are not only some amazing mark-ups by vendors but also some incredibly stupid people out there. Little wonder the scammers are still making a packet!

Regards, RAB
Have seen Urban Beekeeping on ebay for £17 odd and Amazon for £6 something + P&P

Is it on offer from Thursday 9th Dec ?

dont know, I followed your link and it is there but if you go back and look at all the festive offers then it is not offered/shown/listed for me. It might be certain geographical area's only offer. IE not on offer in Yorkshire, on offer in Hampshire.

You could be right because I could not see it until I entered my location.

I enterered Southampton as my nearest store and it was there and then I changed it back to Wakefield and it was not, damn, our friends in the North have been cheated again.

if not now,you will get your turn,but what good buys have outhers had?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back