Behaviour?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should this member be banned?

• No

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Given that a member is behaving in a way designed to bring the forum into disrepute and or legal trouble should the member be banned?

Being old fashioned I am going to make the options very simple.

Yes... meaning banned for ever.

No. meaning they may be banned at some future point if at all.

PH

On the surface easy to agree, however interpreting the motive behind particular posts could put Admin in a tricky position

Is there a particular reason to make this question?

Having caught up with the rest of the posts I now see the motive for this poll, and personally wouldnt agree that its relevant in this case.

Admin PM'd me saying that he will only ever ban someone for advertising. So, this ain't gonna work. I do not think that anyone deserves to be banned- the person in question has said that Admin can remove any posts that he feels could endanger the forum. So, problem solved.

Ben P

Last edited:
If there is no forum is advertising a minor issue?

PH

I must say I am not over happy regards this thread.
In my experience forums should never air dirty washing in public,thats what emails are for.

As Ben has pointed out I have only ever banned a single member in two years and that was for advertising.

The easy thing to do would be to lock/remove this thread but as its the members who run the forum I will let it go until members contact me and ask for it to go.

If anyone is unsure who the member concerned is it's Brosville.
Funny thing is Bros will love this thread as he could be seen as a marter if banned.

In the future we may well have members that need to be banned because of posts they make,but that Is a decision I will make when the time comes as I am the mug with the Admin hat.

As an admin you dont go around using the banning stick to control a forum,you deal with it in a private and adult manner.
Just for the record I have not sent an email/pm to Bros for months as I dont think I have needed to.

If at any point I think I need to contact him then I will..

I find it rather amusing that I quite happily have to do the "water off a duck's back act" nearly every day when someone or other "goes off on one" and spits venemous (and usually largely untrue, and often libellous) bile in my direction, and here we have a fairly obvious "let's silence the man" campaign...
Do carry on!

I'm happy for this dirty washing to be done in public - I tend to be straightforward myself, so have no problem facing a few critics!:rofl:

Bros I am pleased you have had a chance to reply to this thread.
If it was me this thread was about I would be well pi**ed off.

I have had a few pm's now asking me to lock this thread and am more than happy to do so.

Merry xmas Bros and everyone else who reads this thread.

Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back