Beetradex update

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick1

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
There are two companies offering wax exchange this year, unfortunately we could not bring in a new wax exchange deal this year but hope to have it sorted for next year.
At this time in the ticket sale program we have exceeded the numbers achieved in previous years, looks like being a verry busy show (y) hope to see some of you.

There are two companies offering wax exchange this year, unfortunately we could not bring in a new wax exchange deal this year but hope to have it sorted for next year.
At this time in the ticket sale program we have exceeded the numbers achieved in previous years, looks like being a verry busy show (y) hope to see some of you.

Who's offering so I can do the calcs?

He's not been on here since Tuesday .. probably busy getting the last bits and pieces ready ....

Nobody on the website that looks like they will be doing wax exchange ...

https://beetradex.co.uk/pages/exhibitors2022
Perhaps try a PM to Patrick or there's a contact form on the website.

National Bee Supplies do a wax exchange, as do Wax and Wick Room.

National Bee Supplies do a wax exchange, as do Wax and Wick Room.

I think from what I can see from the face of things that the wax and wick room is bee equipment.

Also Burts country store and bees and pollinators magazine are part of bee equipment.

I think from what I can see from the face of things that the wax and wick room is bee equipment.

Also Burts country store and bees and pollinators magazine are part of bee equipment.
Yes, think they're all owned by Patrick but are run/advertised as separate companies.
https://waxandwickroom.co.uk/pages/beeswax-exchange
£5 a kilo in vouchers to be spent on their website (Don't appear to have foundation)

https://beekeeping.co.uk/pages/wax-exchange?_pos=1&_sid=4845af3d0&_ss=r
They do a wax exhange for foundation.
Yes, whilst I'd only consider it a 'true' wax exchange if there's a foundation option, a voucher for wax is technically still exchanging it. There may be others on there offering it but i only had a cursory look yesterday... Sadly not going as I managed to agree to work this Saturday before realising my error.

He's not been on here since Tuesday .. probably busy getting the last bits and pieces ready ....

Nobody on the website that looks like they will be doing wax exchange ...

https://beetradex.co.uk/pages/exhibitors2022
Perhaps try a PM to Patrick or there's a contact form on the website.

I asked on the 19th Feb Phil plenty of time I'd think to answer.

Just been to BeeTradex, and feel very deflated by the missing traders. I later found out why some of the big names were missing. Apparently the show is now owned by Bee Equipment and the rumours going around were that they had been priced out due them being direct competition.

And then having to wait over 45 mins at Bee Equipment stand just to pay for my items, which I could not get from anyone else as they were not there.

I will be watching the trader list next year before I make the journey again.

The list of trade attendees has been available online for quite some time. I know a few who chose not to go because it was so thin on stands of interest. I understand there are several reasons but to be fair to Patrick...the list was easily viewable..and if you own the show why let others use it to cut your throat? His baby, his choices. He has been completely upfront about owning it.

Not in the Apiary, but today I went to Beetradex and had a great time, saved a huge amount of cash on amazing offers. Knowing now what this event is like and the offers the exhibitors have I think it will save a lot of money slipping the Thornes sales and just getting everything I need from this show.

I had a huge pile of chipped wood in the trailer, so I spread some of it in the apiary to keep the weeds down where I'm putting some more hive stands and had a bit of a tidy up. The occasional bee was flying, but it's hardly been pleasant weather here today so most of them still seem happy to give flying a miss.

James

To me it sounds like the early Henry T Ford, yes you can have any colour you want so long as it is black or you can buy any thing you want as long as it from us. To me running an event like this and being an exhibitor is a conflict of interests.

Its my first time at the show so no comparison but there was a massive que to pay at Bee Equipment stand so didn't bother to look properly at what they had.
I picked up a pre-ordered load of hexagonal jars from Freeman Harding and took 50Lb of wax in in exchange for foundation ended up £350 up on the day with the savings on the jars and the value of the foundation. Next time I will take a trolley.
I was great to see some many beekeepers and I hope anyone that attended had a good day the organisers had obviously done there best coming out of a difficult time.

Its Patrick's operation to do with as he wants and list of vendors was available, which is why I didn't go. I suspect we are at a new norm where main supplier at the Tradex will be Bee equipment, and others will have on-line sales at the same time. It happened before when some traders decided no to go to the National Honey Show and had competing sales.
If this is the case, personally i think its a shame as it goes against the principle of what a Tradex should be in any industry. I found it useful to see different equipment in the flesh to look at direct comparisons when buying a 20 frame extractor a few years ago.

its a shame as it goes against the principle of what a Tradex should be in any industry.
:iagree: It was the main reason it was set up - as an alternative to the BBKA spring convention, in the first place, and the reason I used to trek halfway across the country to be there .
If it's just going to be a bee-centric country fair from now on, it needs to be labelled as such

Its my first time at the show so no comparison but there was a massive que to pay at Bee Equipment stand so didn't bother to look properly at what they had.
I picked up a pre-ordered load of hexagonal jars from Freeman Harding and took 50Lb of wax in in exchange for foundation ended up £350 up on the day with the savings on the jars and the value of the foundation. Next time I will take a trolley.
I was great to see some many beekeepers and I hope anyone that attended had a good day the organisers had obviously done there best coming out of a difficult time.

Which stall(s) were doing the wax exchange and what rates were they offering?

Latest posts

Back