Beetight.com

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was mentioned a while ago, and I think the developer is on the forum too. Many beeks seem to like it...

I have been using beetight for about 6 weeks. I really like it. I only have the one hive, but I can fill out all I see when I have inspected, and I add photos so that I can compare. I think it would be an excellent help for somone who has a lot of hives. I thoroughly recommend it :hurray:

Unfortunately I still have the type of mobile that only makes phones call and the occassional illegible text! Maybe for xmas... at least it would disguise the fact it would be a bee related pressie!

Ive been using it since it came out.

Its great and highly recommended.

:)

It's really great and the native iphone and android apps are really what I am looking forward to.

I've started writing an iPhone app for my own use. I was considering whether it would be worth paying Apple $99 for the privilege of putting it on the app store. Would there be many takers on here? I'd probably make it a free app.

Back on topic. Be very wary of giving your hive locations to a third party. Even if the site owner is completely legit this is an internet facing server (ie open to attacks). The only website I would trust with my apiary locations on it is BeeBase and that's more of a compromise in that the benefits out-weigh the risks.

Having said all that I doubt there's many 'hacker-beeks' so it's really a trust issue with the website's owner.

I use it all the time, though rarely via my phone. Find it very handy for having records accessible at work and at home so I can add details of that last inspection that I forgot to do anything about on the weekend, and add reminders for jobs to do at the next one.

Seem to recall the developer took a vow of silence on the subject as he didnt want to be accussed of spamming the forum

I use it for all records and inspections. It is quite useful, featuring hive tracking (e.g. splits and combining, archiving), treatments, and quite comprehensive and easily completed 'tick box' entries for Q+, eggs, sealed brood, etc., together with free text notes fields. It allows a spreadsheet export of all inspections for detailed analysis.

I don't use the mobile app as I got fed up with cleaning propolis from my iPhone! The desktop application is all that I need, updated form rough notes in the field.

It has a six-hive no-subscription limit. For a beekeeper that easily loses paperwork, I think it's a winner.

I use it and like it. trouble I have is no signal at the apiary, so need to update at the end of the session back home.

Thanks Moggs I had assumed (wrongly) that it would only be worthwhile using if I had the phone aspect as well. I'll have another look at using it as a desktop app.

Not seen it or any real software but I make this warning for you.

KISS.

Tick boxes for eggs and brood = QR

Supered = 1 x sup + date.

Honey off= sup off + date.

When you get to five hives and more than so much detail is actually a hinderence you will find. Give it a few years and your app will be out of date and you will look at these records and wonder why....

PH

Thanks PH - but isn't it a legal(?) requirement to record more detail, for example, details of treatment, batch numbers, etc? I am certainly an advocate for keeping things simple and if the software provides a convenient 'tick-box' approach with minumum fuss, that'll do for me! And, the Bee Inspector commended its use saying that it was a better system than many he had seen.

Horses and courses, I would venture.

Thanks for feedback

I've joined it looks a good thing to have with the apps thing on my phone i have trouble seeing the phone got no chance of inputting data LoL
Phone are for talking on and for texting it faster to ring :banghead::auto:

Just update you records when you get home on the main computer (if you have one?)

Oh and on the KISS side It's just a few electronic tick boxes, very quick and easy.

All the data is backed up on my PC and again on various other backup solutions on and off line that I use anyway.

On the location issue just put in the general area of the hives not exact position (as you know where they are). It's just to keep track of apiaries and local weather.

Simple :chillpill: :)

Moggs?

Legal requirement for batches of honey jarred. Yes.

Same for treatments? Not that I know of.

PH

I thought that if you wanted to pass the bee exam ( ? the name escapes me ) one of the requirements was that you kept detailedish records and could interpret them. Pretty sure I saw it on one of the sheet explaining the requirements of the exam. Someone sent a link.

I thought that if you wanted to pass the bee exam ( ? the name escapes me ) one of the requirements was that you kept detailedish records and could interpret them. Pretty sure I saw it on one of the sheet explaining the requirements of the exam. Someone sent a link.

nope, just best practice etc

On the location issue just put in the general area of the hives not exact position (as you know where they are). It's just to keep track of apiaries and local weather.

Simple :chillpill: :)

Fair point. Sounds good. Might have a little play with it.

Hi kazmcc. I saw the same somewhere. Bbka basic, min 1 years beekeeping & records for 1 year or more. Di

Latest posts

Back