Beetight app for Android

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apiarisnt

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Following an Android update on my 'phone, Beetight will not open. I have tried reinstalling and am getting a message that there is a bug that means it will not work with the lastest update. The 'Contact' link on the web version is dead.

Anyone else having these issues?

Following an Android update on my 'phone, Beetight will not open. I have tried reinstalling and am getting a message that there is a bug that means it will not work with the lastest update. The 'Contact' link on the web version is dead.

Try this, it's free:
https://airtable.com/invite/l?invit...5891b7521cfa5e0b72edd921f54e&utm_source=emailOn the left click on 'Actions', then click 'Open form' (next to the share form button) to get an idea of how it works. I've been playinf with airtbael a while. Feel free to play, add a record etc - this isn't my actual records - what you add will be visible though. Feedback greatfully recieved.

Err if you decide to sign up for the free airtable account doing so via my referrla link:

https://airtable.com/invite/r/VMe6iZU4
helps me access airtable developer free for a month longer :)

Last edited:

Hi

I have the same problem, but it does work on my laptop and an old tablet with an old version of android.

I have contacted Matt (the developer) who is aware of the issue although warns it's not simple and may take some time to fix.

Fingers crossed he does, but I've downloaded my inspection records in case.

I'll let you know if I here anything more.

Simon

Don't understand what it does that is really so useful that it is a must-have so am not going to let it in until I know what is does and how intrusive it is. An explanation would be handy please.

Don't understand what it does that is really so useful that it is a must-have so am not going to let it in until I know what is does and how intrusive it is. An explanation would be handy please.
Is this to me or Simon or Apiarisnt?

Hi

I have the same problem, but it does work on my laptop and an old tablet with an old version of android.

I have contacted Matt (the developer) who is aware of the issue although warns it's not simple and may take some time to fix.

Fingers crossed he does, but I've downloaded my inspection records in case.

I'll let you know if I here anything more.

Simon
Thanks Simon, and well done in getting though to Matt. I am tempted to think that he has got bored with it and is looking for more exciting things to do. The fact that the website says that Beetight Pro is now free would suggest that as well.

Like you, I am downloading my records from the web version.

Is this to me or Simon or Apiarisnt?
Either or all. Is the app so desirable and if so why is all I would like to know before I let another 'bug' into my boxes. OK? Suspect it might just be just another timewaster.

Either or all. Is the app so desirable and if so why is all I would like to know before I let another 'bug' into my boxes. OK? Suspect it might just be just another timewaster.
So my offer (the airtable link above) does little you can't achieve with pen and paper. It's a preference I guess.

I have found the app to be very useful for several years. No faffing around with sheets of paper like some Victorian clergyman. Means I can instantly access all my hive records, including photographs, wherever and whenever I want, and they are all backed up online.

I have found the app to be very useful for several years. No faffing around with sheets of paper like some Victorian clergyman. Means I can instantly access all my hive records, including photographs, wherever and whenever I want, and they are all backed up online.
Got the picture thanks. Don't have a vast apiary any more so not for me.

Got the picture thanks. Don't have a vast apiary any more so not for me.
I'd really be interested in you feedback re the airtable database I've cobbled together; would you be willing to try adding an inspection record - see above.

Last edited:
I'd really be interested in you feedback re the airtable database I've cobbled together; would you be willing to tery adding an inspection record - see above.
Have looked in at Airtable, and set up an account. Will try to have a proper look at it later.

I am going to give the BeeKing app a try out this spring - it allows voice entry of records and notes at the apiary with a web portal for creating apiary, colony, queen records on your laptop.
https://beeking.eu/en/index.html
Please please please try the airtable thing - it's free and easily customised. Does all the other stuff you mention.

I've no commercial axe to grind but think this could be a really useful tool for the community. I'm happy to keep developing with feedback. Airtable is an online database platform, like Microsoft Access but low code - which is why I can make it work;)
It's not new.

Thanks Simon, and well done in getting though to Matt. I am tempted to think that he has got bored with it and is looking for more exciting things to do. The fact that the website says that Beetight Pro is now free would suggest that as well.

Like you, I am downloading my records from the web version.
I used to use Beetight but cancelled the pro upgrade in 2021 due to lack of development and support. I've just had another look and can't see where it says the pro upgrade is now free. I had a look on my account to upgrade and it still requests $15 via Paypal for the pro version.

I'd really be interested in you feedback re the airtable database I've cobbled together; would you be willing to try adding an inspection record - see above.
Sorry but no. At 87 with a wife with alzheimers and her sole carer with little support or help from anywhere due to Covid restrictions I have more on my plate than I can handle already without expansive record keeping for the few bees I have left that are doing quite well without too much fiddling. So thanks but no thanks and I don't want any criticism for not caring for my bees properly because I do care a lot about them and do as much as is really necessary at all times. OK? No offence intended.

I used to use Beetight but cancelled the pro upgrade in 2021 due to lack of development and support. I've just had another look and can't see where it says the pro upgrade is now free. I had a look on my account to upgrade and it still requests $15 via Paypal for the pro version.
Same here.

Beetight is fine for a handful of hives - the max is I think six - but $15 a year is a bit steep for the Pro upgrade. All I lose by not upgrading is the ability to enter records using the app but I can do that when I get home on the computer.

And yes, it's still asking for money for the upgrade.

Latest posts

Back