• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Beeswax Wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, my mrs has started making candles and due to already making other products we are fast running out of Beeswax.

Does anyone have any they want to part with?

Happy to pay the going rate, And we are in sheffield but can cover postage or collect. Please pm or ring me, 07805424348

many thanks
Dave

What would the going rate be ? I have a block i have recently rendered .
5ef2a61b17de974a1ed9c27b6410961f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi mate, tbh im not 100% sure on the going rate. Im ideally looking at about £7 per kg, which is a lot more than i believe thornes and places pay, but like i say, want regular suppliers of it so want everyone to be happy with the price.

Clean candle ready beeswax is going for £15 + VAT per kg according to one of the beekeepers I know in this neck of the woods, and considerably more for cosmetic quality cappings wax.
One day we shall have some to sell!

Clean candle ready beeswax is going for £15 + VAT per kg according to one of the beekeepers I know in this neck of the woods, and considerably more for cosmetic quality cappings wax.
One day we shall have some to sell!

Can buy cosmetic Grade Beeswax from online for £11 per KG from Livemore and a little bit more than that from Soap kitchen.

Im not wanting Cosmetic grade from here, as buy that online. Just wanting some for Candles etc.

Can buy cosmetic Grade Beeswax from online for £11 per KG from Livemore and a little bit more than that from Soap kitchen.

Im not wanting Cosmetic grade from here, as buy that online. Just wanting some for Candles etc.

I can buy honey from Tesco for £1.65 a jar.
Seems there is beeswax and then there is beeswax?

Hi mate, tbh im not 100% sure on the going rate. Im ideally looking at about £7 per kg, which is a lot more than i believe thornes and places pay, but like i say, want regular suppliers of it so want everyone to be happy with the price.

To be honest the amount of messing about that goes into getting 1 kg of filtered bee wax is not worth the hassle for £7 per Kg..it would be much better melted into egg boxes and used as fire lighters..

To be honest the amount of messing about that goes into getting 1 kg of filtered bee wax is not worth the hassle for £7 per Kg..it would be much better melted into egg boxes and used as fire lighters..

Clearly you don't know very much about cleaning beeswax ... and its real value when it has been cleaned to 'proper' candle wax and turned into candles.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goldrick-P...E3S8KG20XSH&psc=1&refRID=7KT6JHAN3E3S8KG20XSH

272gm ... £14.50

Really expensive firelighters !

Oh .. I forgot ... you can't see me can you ?

I love making candles and go the extra bit to get my wax nice and clean. Autumn time the Rayburn goes on, the kitchen is warm all the time and smells of Christmas pud and honey and candles. Lovely.
If deanrpwaacs doesn’t want to do anything else with that it can always be swapped for foundation

In my defence, i did say im happy to pay the going rate. I Honestly dont know what that is, i Just thought £15 per Kg is steep.

I can buy honey from Tesco for £1.65 a jar.
Seems there is beeswax and then there is beeswax?

I totally agree, and we make a lot of Cosmetics using our Beeswax and we sell a lot of cosmetics and pride ourselves on our feedback and only use the best Beeswax. However, im after Beeswax for making candles, to burn. Hence, I need it at a rate i can make a living. I also thought id rather purchase from Beekeepers who want to sell, rather that companies making a large profit. Im more that happy to pay a lot more than people will get trading it in, hence why i posted. Im not trying to rip anyone off, i thought this was a forum for buying and selling.

Perhaps what you don't appreciate is, you are the latest individual to come on here wanting to buy wax "at the going rate" but when given that figure, won't or can't pay that rate and then get slightly miffed when you can't convince people to sell.

I responded to the last three individuals to come here asking to be sold wax at the going rate. They don't know what the "rate" is but they certainly have a "rate" or limit to what they think they want to pay in mind. Every time they've resorted to passive aggressive comments when I've refused to sell at their "rate".

To be honest, I'd rather trade it in for foundation simply because I can't be ar*ed to argue with someone who wants my wax at a price that allows them to make a profit not both of us.

I can buy your wax for £7.00 . how many kilos have you've e got. I'm doing a project. I've got wax but definitely I would love more Moka

I can buy your wax for £7.00 . how many kilos have you've e got. I'm doing a project. I've got wax but definitely I would love more Moka
The current 'going rate' for beeswax in bulk is between £12 and £25 a kilo (depending on the level of purity) and can sell for more. You will be lucky to get anyone to sell for £7 a Kg.

I haven't got any issue to pay the price for quality beeswax!!

Back