Beeswax tee light vs others

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
Visited a friend and took her some beeswax tee lights last night. I took 6 and she had 7 of her own (think paraffin type) lined up. She was delighted to switch 6 to mine and we decided to keep the 7th. I know how gorgeous beeswax is for scent, colour of light and the mood it creates, but I was struck by the comparison, as I’d never actually seen it side by side.

Thought I’d share pics, speak for themselves which is which, beeswax is so wonderful to make candles with!

Attachments

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I use cheapie rubbish tea lights to power my wax melts. They do have a use.
As for making tea lights. I’ve given up. Too many cracks If you don’t get conditions right.

Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
I use cheapie rubbish tea lights to power my wax melts. They do have a use.
As for making tea lights. I’ve given up. Too many cracks If you don’t get conditions right.
That’s a good point. I made presents with beeswax melts following your aromatherapy recipes on here but included beeswax tee lights. Overall this year I made a lot more tee lights as I love them at home as they last just one evening. I only had one crack in the 200 I made - what causes it? Must have done something right I’m not aware of!!

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
That’s a good point. I made presents with beeswax melts following your aromatherapy recipes on here but included beeswax tee lights. Overall this year I made a lot more tee lights as I love them at home as they last just one evening. I only had one crack in the 200 I made - what causes it? Must have done something right I’m not aware of!!
Cooling too quickly

Latest posts