• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bees wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggles

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
loads
Hi
I'm very new to this, only got the hive at the end of last year (I know wrong time) and now looking for bees in the Kent area to fill my national hive. Anyone got a nuc or complete hive for sale that can start me off in bee keeping.
I've done the course got the kit but not found any bees yet.

Thanks

Pete

No need any more today I bought a full hive and three nucs :O) very happy. I have never been so scared driving home though! Only stung 3 times :sifone:

Ta

spent a bit of money then all going well next year you will need some more hives to put them all in:D

No need any more today I bought a full hive and three nucs :O) very happy. I have never been so scared driving home though! Only stung 3 times :sifone:

Ta

Blimey I agree in at the deep end there. :)

Good luck.

Sold two of the nucs at an auction :D One nuc is doing well in a hive with plenty of sugar water in it to feed them. The other hive was full of honey so I'm going to take that off tonight.

I would like to change the queen in the hive I bought as I do not know how old she is. (red mark but the seller didn't mark her!). Have I got this right? When I see queen eggs I move that frame and a couple of others into a brood box next to the old hive but turned 90 degrees. Then keep and eye on it until she's born.
Then put that brood box on top of the other with news paper in between and remove the old queen.

So much to learn at the deep end but fun? Joined the kent bee keepers association today as well.
Anything else I need to do?

Thanks for the replys

Pete

Latest posts

Back