Bees under varroa mesh

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhill20

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
44ish
Tonight had a quick look under my hive noticed I had bees wrong side of the varroa mesh,how do I get them back tomorrow any ideas!!!

More info;One inch entrance fitted two weeks ago, no tray removed it this week! It was the picture of slugs under hive that prompted my curiosity.

Treat them like a swarm, brush off into box and tip on cloth near entrance and let them walk in.

If there are a LOT of bees under the floor, just check to ensure the queen is not there.

no tray removed it this week!

Would that be before or after you noticed the bees on the outside?

Size of colony too big for the box?

Leaking contact feeder?

Entrance blocked?

About 100 approx bees under mesh, no feeder on , colony not enormous to burst out of the hive,no bees under mesh when the tray was removed,I like the idea of brushing them into a box!!

About 100 approx bees under mesh, no feeder on , colony not enormous to burst out of the hive,no bees under mesh when the tray was removed,I like the idea of brushing them into a box!!
Yea brush then in a box and empty in front of hive entrance

agree with above, but also check that entrance isn't blocked, Q's not there, feeder's ok, and try and do it on a warmish (what a joke!) day. Basically check everything is sound first. do they have enough room in the hive by the way?

Back