Bees That Fly In The Rain

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the beehive lodge

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Today has been a funny one as the Rain in Manchester has not disapionted us here very heavy down pours thunder, the rain has been bouncing off the landing board and the bees have still been flying.
Sad as i am i have CCTV at my hive and can watch in the comfort of my living room even now as i type the rain is heavy and bees are landing and taking flight go you Manc bees :hurray:

We've just done an inspection! For some reason, between torrential rain and thunder and lightening, there was a period of about 15 mins, which coincided with the time we met for inspection! What luck! :D I must say, the rain drops were like lances but our bees were in and out. When really heavy, they flew out, then you could see them change their minds and come straight back, but only when reallyheavy. They are doing well, despite the weather :D

shame they cant fix roofs

Just been in my kitchen to hear drops of water coming from the ceiling i wish my bees could fix the leak with Propolis:banghead:

We've just done an inspection! For some reason, between torrential rain and thunder and lightening, there was a period of about 15 mins, which coincided with the time we met for inspection! What luck! :D I must say, the rain drops were like lances but our bees were in and out. When really heavy, they flew out, then you could see them change their minds and come straight back, but only when reallyheavy. They are doing well, despite the weather :D

They breed em tough up t north:D

Last edited:
lol, same with my roof....speaking of propolis, do the bees not glue up your mini camera inside the hive. As you know, we are a school project and the subject of putting a cam in has been raised. Sorry, hijacking, I know......PM me if you have a mo please and tell me how you do it :)

Sorry, hijacking, I know......PM me if you have a mo please and tell me how you do it

i would slao likt to kmow please

shontp

You mean the cctv i have a colour camera that runs via 12volts in a water proof case pointing at the hive zoomed into the entrance the cable that carrys the power also carrys the video signal to my Tv in the living room,
That goes into a dvr recorder first incase i want to record it as well and the power supply is in the house safe and dry
The cable dosen't have far to go as my hive is on my flat roof where the bedrooms are total cost without Dvr about £60.00
:hurray::willy_nilly:

Latest posts

Back