Bees on Set Aside

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midland Beek

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
BBKA News a while ago carried some information on how the placing of beehives on Fera Set Aside Land is now permitted. But I can't find the article.

Can anyone point me in the direction of information that I can show my friendly farmer who does not want to fall foul of Fera rules, but who is keen on having bees on his Set Aside. I know this info is lurking somewhere.

I thought set aside had been stopped for farmers.

in fact here is a wiki entry stating it has been abolished. click here

Last edited:
Yes it's definitely not being done any more....nor the 9(?)metre margins....well it's voluntary rather than compulsory.

Your farmer may get brownie points under stewardship schemes if he has bees on his land.....I rather think it may depend on what scheme he is on and the print may be so tiny that very few know about it :willy_nilly:

Frisbee

can you all explain a little more because i don't have a clue what your all talking about?
does the farmer get paid or something ???

does the farmer get paid or something ???

I think you'll find he gets paid for nothing!

Single Farm Payment.

I think there is a payment per acre provided the land can be returned to agricultural use within a year. Something like that. I understand that the paperwork is a pig to deal with and small farmers use agents to do it all for them.

We can probably blame the French! :)

President Sarkosy

Latest posts

Back