Bees on eBay - a new aproach

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only a matter of time before someone found a way round the "no livestock" rule, good luck to him/her

lmao, I had to check if this was an old post, we keep getting these every other month..

I can't see it getting pulled as I reported it a week ago and nothing has been done. I don't understand why fish are exempt from being sold on e-bay.

confused, why report it?

can fish be sold on ebay? didnt know that, live eggs can oddly enough

Last edited:
I for one wouldnt buy a voucher for bees, from someone I didnt know. What happens after you have paid, then they close their account?
In effect you would be paying for something which doesnt yet exist.
Just my 2p worth.

Potentially a good idea but they do have good feedback over a period of time. I bought fish of ebay over 4 years ago and still have them now.

I for one wouldnt buy a voucher for bees, from someone I didnt know. What happens after you have paid, then they close their account?
In effect you would be paying for something which doesnt yet exist.
Just my 2p worth.

Thats a good point Veg ebay is open to abuse and has had plenty of scams in the past for instance regarding hives it seems that one person is selling hives under three different id's this may be legitimate reasons but its well knowen that people with multiple identatys bid on their own products

I think you should check out it first if you are intrested or contact the sellers they will be more than happy to deal with you outside ebay

Can't see any feedback relatiing to "bee" items. Proceed with care on this one and don't pay until you find out what you are buying.
Most sellers of nucs or bees won't take any money, or at the most just a deposit, until the buyer has seen what's being sold!

Peter

Having just been scammed out of money on e-bay £30. I am now more wary than ever. The person I bought a memery stick off had thousands of good feedback. I tried to claim back from e-bay but as the person had no money in their account I had no refund.
So it appears that you are not protected unless the seller has funds in their account.:cheers2:

Let's be honest - it's a thieves' kitchen - I've been lucky and bought good stuff, but I know many people who've been stitched up like kippers by Paypal, who will freeze accounts at the drop of a hat, which can be disastrous for small firms when that can mean thousands of quid retained by them whilst the poor punter beats their head against a brick wall - Fleabay themselves hop around the world to find the most favourable place for them (at present Belgium......) - if you add up all the charges levied, they're also far from cheap...
I'd also be suspicious on the "why are they selling them now?" front - the answer has got to be "to bring in some money early" - do reputable companies have to resort to such tactics, particularly after a season when bees have been in short supply?.......... I'd be suspicious of someone "flying a kite" which may give you bees next year, or a cloud of rubber smoke and some wavy black tread marks......:svengo:

Not pulled so far and I have enquired as to whom is doing the disease inspection?

I rather admire the tactic. It's entrepreneurial.

PH

Latest posts

Back