Bees on crown board

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnandyrob

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Just been to feed my bees in the past Iv just put the feeder ( brother Adam type ) on at the previous inspection ready to fill up but didnt do this last time so i lifted the roof expecting to just to put it on and fill up but the crown board was covered in bees. is this normal i though they would be down in the frames on a chilly night 10 c

P.S. On top of the crown board just under the roof is this normal? the whole board was covered Comments please

Bee colonies are very populous at this time of year and lots of UK beeks are intent on squeezing them into a single National box. Wouldn't you hang out on the crown board with all those bees crammed inside?

probably but don't think its that populous it was a nuc with this years queen i got it in early July queen was 5 weeks old and they are a dark bee

haven't got a feeder on but my June Nuc in a 14x12 had the same at 8 00, just went this evening to see if the weather we had last night had cause a problem had to realighned the ai guard eke so lifted the crown, it was covered in bees and so was the walls

Latest posts

Back