Bees in the rain

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonybloke

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
3 Commercial hives with National supers, Top Bee Space. + 2 Nucs
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6vp2-7SdEM[/ame]

takes more than rain to stop these from flying

Nice to see some bees !! I have been stuck in for a couple of days with non stop rain.

I am chomping at the bit to go and inspect some colonies.
I am getting withdrawal symptoms.

They were going out to sit on the pier:party:

Norfolk bees are soft. In Stoke on Trent they have stopped flying and are using waders...:)

10C at 7am and foragers were bringing in HB pollen in the drizzle...

Nice to see some bees !! I have been stuck in for a couple of days with non stop rain. I am chomping at the bit to go and inspect some colonies. I am getting withdrawal symptoms.

Inspections in the rain always fun.

P1020117.JPG

Can't you bribe someone to hold an umbrella for you?
:nopity::smilielol5:

Can't help but think that our major beekeeping supplier has, very unusually, missed a trick here in not offering something similar to this

11%20umb%20canta%20TG1.jpg

Manchester bees have evolved wearing raincoats and little rainhats, their pollen baskets are waterproof too......had to evolve this way or they would never survive ;)

Manchester bees have evolved wearing raincoats and little rainhats, their pollen baskets are waterproof too......had to evolve this way or they would never survive ;)

In Devon they have little designer sunglasses - and the smell of coconut oil has to be smelt to be believed...bee-smillie

I understand London bees have lost the use of their wings and use 4x4s instead...

We've got one lot from Essex, the rest from Herts or Cambs.

We still cannot work out which lot is responsible for all the robbing that's going on...

We've got one lot from Essex, the rest from Herts or Cambs.

We still cannot work out which lot is responsible for all the robbing that's going on...
The ones with the pick-up trucks

Back