• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

bees in packages suppliers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buaras

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
I’m just wondering does anyone know of a supplier who sells bees in packages rather than nucs? and if possible the average price?

Mike Roberts in Gloucster does.
TEL: 01452 862420

Google e.a.s.y.b.e.e without the dots.

Last time I spoke with Mike just before Christmas he didnt have any left. Cost at the time was £110.00

Mike is currently in Australia and I suspect (strongly) that he will have supplies soon. After all it's how he makes his crust.

Why would you want a package instead of a nuc though?

PH

Last edited:
Mike is currently in Australia and I suspect (strongly) that he will have supplies soon. After all it's how he makes his crust.

Why would you want a package instead of a nuc though?

PH

Cheers poly,

I'd rather have a package because my hive is commercial but most nucs come in National.

Unless you know someone who sells commercial nucs? I'm tad new to this...a 'newbie' :D

seeing as nobody is saying it, there are far too many scare stories about that person/company and I would be very cautious about trading with them - don’t complain when you are told to get lost if things don’t go well.

not purchased any item from them myself but I found his attitude stinks even on basic enquiries.

the number of ppl who have told me to stay clear is amazing.

but as i said I have not bought any items myself.

Cheers poly,

I'd rather have a package because my hive is commercial but most nucs come in National.

Unless you know someone who sells commercial nucs? I'm tad new to this...a 'newbie' :D

Mike Lane is on commerical I think, he is on here somewhere - may take him a month to reply mind :)

I visited Mike Lane on Monday very helpful,had an enjoyable couple of hours chatting and came home with two second hand hives,I would certainly use him again.
If you pm me I could give him your number,but he came back to me fairly quickly.
Regards,
Stephen.

seeing as nobody is saying it, there are far too many scare stories about that person/company and I would be very cautious about trading with them - don’t complain when you are told to get lost if things don’t go well.

not purchased any item from them myself but I found his attitude stinks even on basic enquiries.

the number of ppl who have told me to stay clear is amazing.

but as i said I have not bought any items myself.

I have bought from him on two occasions and on both have walked away thinking did I do something wrong. I think he needs to improve his phone skills. He may well be a decent chap but comes across as if he is chewing a wasp.

:laughing-smiley-014Chewing a wasp.......thats a good one, must remember that

I think there is a bee inspector up north who is doing Carnie packages this year from the balkans or the czech republic.
Anyone got a name for him?

any reports on the mike roberts packages?

any reports on the mike roberts packages?

As a newbie I bought one which was delivered on May 14.

Bees in excellent condition when arrived, good natured.. no problems.. all settled in.

His delivery was delayed to to volcanic ash. I did everything over the internet, had lots of emails and he was prompt in replying to queries.

As a first time customer I found him 100% OK.

*I suspect he's very busy at this time of year and phone calls interrupt other urgent jobs but wdik.

Latest posts

Back