bees in my garden

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thada1

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Some cheap Kenko extension tubes have turned my standard 50mm lens into a nice little macro jobbie. Works best on a tripod with a rail, but hand-held gives some good results too. All in my garden:
1) camellia blossom in March
2) standing guard on an emerging pear tree blossom, April
3) gulping greedily on a green alkanet flower, May

I've always treated the last as a weed, but thanks to the internet, I've given it a name - and it's from the boraginaceae family, so bees are bound to like it!

nice phots. :)

what camera do you use? does the AF still work with the extension tubes or do you need to focus manually?

I don`t know anything about photography but they`re really nice pics.
I`ve just borrowed one for my computer background :cheers2:

Darren.

nice phots. :)

what camera do you use? does the AF still work with the extension tubes or do you need to focus manually?
I'm using a Canon 40D; the Kenko rings have all the electrical connections so that AF etc does work. However, the depth of focus is so shallow that the lens is often working against small body movements (or a fluttering flower). I tend to switch to manual focus, and fire bursts, rather than single frames. It's much easier indoors on a tripod!

Latest posts

Back