Bees for Apitherapy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxpinx

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I’ve been approached recently by several people separately - they all want to buy a jar of bees to use in Apitherapy to treat various things.
I’m not seriously thinking of supplying anyone, but I’m curious to know the going rate for a jar of 100 bees!

Any one ever sold bees like this before?

I’ve been approached recently by several people separately - they all want to buy a jar of bees to use in Apitherapy to treat various things.
I’m not seriously thinking of supplying anyone, but I’m curious to know the going rate for a jar of 100 bees!

If you look at the price of a nuc of say 10000 bees for say £250 that works out as 2.5p per bee! 😂
Maybe you could charge extra for drones for people who don't like pain! :laughing-smiley-014

If you look at the price of a nuc of say 10000 bees for say £250 that works out as 2.5p per bee! 😂
Maybe you could charge extra for drones for people who don't like pain! :laughing-smiley-014
I can see a nice little earner here .... 100 bees for £25 (guaranteed to sting) sound much more attractive ....anyone got an atrocious hive they would like to donate to the Argyle get rich campaign .... mine would be no use as they rarely sting me !

do they stipulate live bees?
We had an association talk from a lady who was an Apitherapy practitioner ... apparently it doesn't work as well with dead bees ... she reckoned that controlled stinging by bees cured or at least eased a lot of debiltating conditions. She was also waxing lyrical about the benefits of propolis and honey was well...

do they stipulate live bees?

I've been selling bees for this for a few months to a couple of people known to each other. Settled on £22 (15 + 7 for Post Office before 1pm) for two queen cages of approx 15 bees in total. Everyone is happy. Weekly delivery

I've been selling bees for this for a few months to a couple of people known to each other. Settled on £22 (15 + 7 for Post Office before 1pm) for two queen cages of approx 15 bees in total. Everyone is happy. Weekly delivery
Thanks for a sensible reply!

We had an association talk from a lady who was an Apitherapy practitioner ... apparently it doesn't work as well with dead bees ... she reckoned that controlled stinging by bees cured or at least eased a lot of debiltating conditions. She was also waxing lyrical about the benefits of propolis and honey was well...
Yeah, I’ve heard that talk… there were many questions… it all seemed ok until she started stinging her dog

I think I'd want a disclaimer for allergic reactions in there somewhere.
I'd be happy to supply to a serious scientific study though....
Good point about a disclaimer

Brilliant! That means I had about £90 worth of "treatment" recently dealing with an agressive hive. No wonder I feel good!

Trust me I have enough aches and pains to prove that’s a load of boll&iks given the number of times I’m stung😂

Yeah, I’ve heard that talk… there were many questions… it all seemed ok until she started stinging her dog
That sounds like animal abuse to me. Even if she argues it's to try and help some sort of condition, it's not ok. (and if she does claim that, also illegal unless prescribed by a vet and whilst there are a few slightly nutty vets out there, I don't think any go this far).

Apitheripy has also been tried for things like depression and anxiety,with some success.
But the benefits are temporary at best
Outside my apiary I quickly revert to a grumpy cantankerous old ba
Obviously it doesn't work- I get grumpy and cantankerous when stung.

Latest posts

Back