Bees flying in Tipperary today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam C Ryan

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Had frost for a couple of nights so l thought , at last, my bees would have gone to bed for the winter but no, lots out flying today, a little pollen going in but mostly nectar. Bees flying since 10am and still plenty out now at 2pm.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qnY8eg96ew"]My bees flying on 12th Nov. 13 - YouTube[/ame]

"Had frost for a couple of nights so l thought , at last, my bees would have gone to bed for the winter"

that's not how it works.

Great to see that Liam. Question, how high is the wind barrier and do you have enclosed around the hives? Thanks.

There is a 5ft barrier on three sides and to the fronts , about 30yds away , is a line of 40ft high trees. The hive faces south. To the left ,about 5yds away, I grow vegetables.

There is a 5ft barrier on three sides and to the fronts , about 30yds away , is a line of 40ft high trees. The hive faces south. To the left ,about 5yds away, I grow vegetables.

Thanks Liam for answering my question. I have wind barrier up but it's only about three feet high and with the Atlantic about a KM away I need to raise it further.

Lots of bees flying again today and bringing in lots of bright yellow pollen.

Latest posts

Back