Bees drinking water ( photos)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith pierce

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Nectar flow came to a screeching halt here in dublin about 3 weeks ago.up to that i had given the 3rd super and was starting to panic that i was going to run out of supers. i have removed one super from alot of the hives, but they must of gone throught about 30lb of stores. They are still breaking down the last of the winter stores from the back of the box as i am constantally seeing them ar a water sourse.

post image wordpress

hosting images

hosting images

Nectar flow came to a screeching halt here in dublin about 3 weeks ago.up to that i had given the 3rd super and was starting to panic that i was going to run out of supers. i have removed one super from alot of the hives, but they must of gone throught about 30lb of stores. They are still breaking down the last of the winter stores from the back of the box as i am constantally seeing them ar a water sourse.

post image wordpress

hosting images

hosting images

Great pictures, thanks for sharing

What camera are you using?

I am going to sound like a real arse now, because I hate this question.

Despite advances in technology, the skill in getting good photos like these is behind the camera and not the camera itself - most reasonable digital cameras made in the last 5-10 years can produce this output or better, (and even some cameras in phones now can). Praise the photographer, not the tool they use.

Anyway, the Exif says Canon DIGITAL IXUS 100 IS, so, to re-enforce my point, not a DSLR with a macro lens and ring flash, but a fairly good compact point-and-shoot.

Rant over.

Sorry.

Agree.
It's always been like that.

Great pics. Keith.

Anyway, the Exif says Canon DIGITAL IXUS 100 IS, so, to re-enforce my point, not a DSLR with a macro lens and ring flash, but a fairly good compact point-and-shoot.

Rant over.

Sorry.

The recent posts about ring flash are for shots on the wing not statics. I have loads of still pictures in focus and well composed of bees and there's a few floating about eBEES too. BUT the production of a flying bee with wings visible as a still is work in progress. And might just need a ring flash.

The recent posts about ring flash are for shots on the wing not statics. I have loads of still pictures in focus and well composed of bees and there's a few floating about eBEES too. BUT the production of a flying bee with wings visible as a still is work in progress. And might just need a ring flash.

Apologies - I was not referring to comments in any other thread. I just hate comments along the lines of "those are great photos - you must have a really good camera". They do not credit the photographer with any part of the process, and although it is usually unintentional, they just rub me up the wrong way.

Told you I would sound like an arse. :D

Apologies - I was not referring to comments in any other thread. I just hate comments along the lines of "those are great photos - you must have a really good camera". They do not credit the photographer with any part of the process, and although it is usually unintentional, they just rub me up the wrong way.

Told you I would sound like an arse. :D

Indeed you do.

I'm sorry but I asked a perfectly reasonable question from someone who is interested in photography. Of course there is some technical ability on behalf of the photographer but a nice clear close up needs a camera that will take them, be it an slr, compact or whatever. The question is normally asked because someone is thinking of getting a new camera.

Clearly I didn't blow enough smoke up your ****

The pics are so good I can almost hear the slurping noises...!

:iagree: with Harvey zone btw.

i have a good camera(nikond90) but it is too big and bulky to bring around beekeeping,
just get a good pocket size digital that you dont mind getting honey and propoulis all over it and just point and shoot loads of photos of the one scene and hope that one turns out perfect

Latest posts

Back