Bees build their own entrance

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen bees reduce circular entrance holes in nucs, but nothing like that!
Someone told me it was a carnie trait so maybe your bees are super carnies?

'Friad not, as you can see they are small black bees.

I really like the analogy of the City Wall, especially as they live in a town surrounded by a medieval wall with gates.

Even mine don't use that much propolis! I see they've even glued a sapling to the floor- I guess they didn't like it rubbing in the wind.

Even mine don't use that much propolis! I see they've even glued a sapling to the floor- I guess they didn't like it rubbing in the wind.

"Saplings are for wimps!"
My girls glue everything to everything else - even have to lever the b****** roof off most days.

If only I could find someone to buy all this propolis I could make some money from it!

noticed one of my colonies doing this yesterday, they are about half way across.

Now all they need is an entrance and exit sign.

picture.php

Well the nights are drawing in and it has been raining all week, so the girls have now sealed up a lot of the entrance holes leaving about 5 open.

Saw a wasp land on the porch area and walk up to a hole only to fly for his life when a guard bee charged out of the hole straight at him!:party:

Latest posts

Back