Bees between supers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Beesy

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Anyone else have difficulty keeping bees off the sides of supers? I put one super on then by the time I pick up next super the bees are climbing the sides and I have to put the 2nd super down to brush off the bees or place the super close to the 1st allowing one bee space between supers. Any suggestions from those experienced beehaus users out there?

Ha ha!

I am on record here and on the omlette forum as to my liking of those half-supers.

I haven't checked mine as I haven't needed to. But I use national supers on my Dartingtons. The honey boxes I made come in handy to keep the roof level and as extra space on the carry boxes for bait hives or decent sized nucs.

The new upgrades look better but they are still half-supers. OK if you want or need them. Otherwise...........

So the simple answer might be :get a proppa 'ive; what d'you expect with a fangled fing like that?

BTW, welcome to the forum. More traffic over here than on the beehaus one!!
And there are no experienced beehaus users yet - only the large number who tested it for a full two years before bringing it onto the market....... That would be three, in total, I am led to believe!

Regards, RAB

It's Omlet.
Omlettes are what you might make from eggs.
Why do so many posters here persist in mis spelling a brand name as if it protected them from being tainted with the product?
The poor guy is asking only for information.

Admin's rule is 'play the ball, not the player. Please follow the rules.

You obviously have no experience of them? Not even anything to add to the thread?

I don't really care about the spelling; nor do I keep chickens at this point in time.

I have one of them, so I am certainly 'tainted' with the product.

I think the poster should have got the drift re the half-supers - there is no problem with a normal hive with a normal super in normal conditions. I abandoned their use on my Dartingtons, which are a virtually identical concept, only made predominantly in wood.

So from one omlette owner to an omlette lover. Have a nice day.

RAB

Sorry...RAB..
I'm really new to all this forum stuff.
Still at 85 years old I might have a few years to learn.

Last edited:
Dani if you are really 85 and have just started beekeeping I take my hat off to you.

Not sure if I understand you right, but if you mean problems with bees just climbing from the QE up the super sides, my tip is to push the second super close the the first with the bottom against the top of the first, then slowely slide the second super down the side of the first. The bees should move down as you move the super and out of the way Works for me anyway!

Lesley245
Thanks - I worked it out eventually. I'm getting there!

Eb

Latest posts

Back