Bees and Thunder (VLF sound)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witchcraft

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have just come back from my bees and boy were they were pretty tetchy, they are normally fine. I expected this as I know there are storms about. However I am in Suffolk and the nearest storms are around London - Can they really detect it that far. I am a contributor to Blitzortung and our site http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en
... suggests the storms are currently some way off. Anyone else experienced this?

Just had the storm pass over SE London and all I can say is

"THE END IS NIGH"
:willy_nilly:

It's been brewing for the last couple of hours so if it's heading your way I'm not surprised the bees know it's coming.

Mike

Just had the storm pass over SE London and all I can say is

"THE END IS NIGH"
:willy_nilly:

It's been brewing for the last couple of hours so if it's heading your way I'm not surprised the bees know it's coming.

Mike

I told you yesterday it was heading towards you ,
" This lot is heading North at the moment so it might get a bit noisy on the UK south coast later ."

Had another dose of it at 4.30 this morning . Spectacular or what , my french village was even mentioned on the weather forecast due to the wind speed. Stay safe .

Our bees really tetchy this morning. Sure enough we have had 4 bouts of thunder and heavy rain this afternoon. Still - good for the garden :)

Day 3 of storms here in the Dordogne

Day 1 - thunder, torrential rain with hail and a gale force squally wind, the usual power cuts - a normal day in France.

Day 2 - dry am, thunder pm and during the night - more rain

Day 3 - Blue skies am, thunder and power cuts pm. Unstable conditions forecast to continue for another 4 days = oh great joy

:ohthedrama:

When I visited my brother in the Dordogne I witnessed the most immense storm ever. You guys know how to do storms - never known the air so electric. Although the ones rattling over us today had a bit of bite to. I steered well clear of my buzzers

Day 1 - thunder, torrential rain with hail and a gale force squally wind, the usual power cuts - a normal day in France.

Day 3 - Blue skies am, thunder and power cuts pm. Unstable conditions forecast to continue for another 4 days = oh great joy

I thought with all that nuclear power the Froggies did not have to suffer power cuts.

I thought with all that nuclear power the Froggies did not have to suffer power cuts.

No good having Nuc power stations if there is a 100ft oak tree sitting on the transmission lines . 41000 lightening strikes last night . Debris everywhere , the sound of chainsaws everywhere , this is becoming the new norm here . The bees have not shown any change in there behaviour , just trying to get out on mass when conditions allow . Looked in during the day just before yet another thunderstorm and there was a complete log jam of bees at the entrance just looking out .
More storms tonight , Oh joy .

No good having Nuc power stations if there is a 100ft oak tree sitting on the transmission lines . 41000 lightening strikes last night . Debris everywhere , the sound of chainsaws everywhere , this is becoming the new norm here . The bees have not shown any change in there behaviour , just trying to get out on mass when conditions allow . Looked in during the day just before yet another thunderstorm and there was a complete log jam of bees at the entrance just looking out .
More storms tonight , Oh joy .

I thought we got hit by something .
http://www.charentelibre.fr/2014/05...-secoue-par-la-mini-tempete-video,1896755.php.

Explains the amount of damage in the area . Got away lightly .

But what a great show we had at 3.30am. Sounded like a train going through!

Back