Beekeeping supplies online

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnie1uk

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi Guys
For a start what I need to know is a reccommended online beekeeping equipment supplier in Spain, if not, a supplier who ships to Spain. I am a beginner so am looking for the complete outfit.
Thanks.
John

I know abelo ship to Europe and I think thornes do as well, any idea what type of hive? langs seems the most popular around the world

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for your reply, I keep hearing about the polystyrene hives, and as the area I am in can be very hot, wonder if there would be an advantage over the traditional wooden hive.

polystyrene hives keep the heat in and keep the cold in, ventilation is more important OMF for one and you might be excused for an upper bit of ventilation

A light colour will also stop some thermal radiation

There might be a few here that will elaborate a bit more on the subject

David Cramp's book contains info on beekeeping in Spain. Re temperatures I know a beekeeper in Bimshire (28deg) who uses Nationals. Easipet do flat-pack cedar Nationals wit 2 supers for a ton plus delivery and cover Spain. If you have a table saw with fence you can make Langstroths from floorboards using info on You Tube. I have made quite a few of those. You can even make the handholds with a simple sliding wooden jig. If you want the full monty for box joints by the hundred see David Cheeseman on You Tube but the rig costs £3k.

Latest posts

Back