Beekeeping Suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like similar bee suits from manufacturer(s) in Cornwall, but at half the price!
If I had not purchased replacement suits last year, I would give these a go!
I'm not sure about an elasticated waist, though; any garment constriction seems (no pun intended) to attract the bees and their stings.
Also, looking at the picture where only shoes are worn - for display purposes only - boots IMO are a necessity!

Limited budget?.. seems a good purchase. Certainly better than just a jacket

I'm not sure about an elasticated waist, though; any garment constriction seems (no pun intended) to attract the bees and their stings.
QUOTE]

My BBwear suits are elasticated at the waist in the same way. Does not cause any problem with stings.
Cazza

T'other half has worn this suit for 2 yrs. now. It does the job, no stings at all.
But it's warm in the summer and takes ages to dry, so if you attend branch meetings at other apiaries it's a PITA. Also the colour comes out in the wash, my white suit became pink as a result, we've tried to dye mine stone to cover the pink. for a first suit it does the job BUT this year we are buying suits from BB, with the BBKA discount they come out at less than £90 and SHOULD be more user friendly.

The suit arrived very quickly and is of the quality one would expect. No issues with the supplier.

Hope this helps.

Tim :)

Bought same suit from same company last year, works well, slightly warm in summer (yep I think we had a summer last year) No stings, No problem washing in washing machine (excluding veil)
hope this helps

Got both our suits last year, same stile and price not sure same vendor. They're good for the price. Our veil doesn't totally unzip for washing - this is the only issue we have to date

I purchased the same looking suit from this supplier. Seams fell apart, really poor quality. In the end I paid someone to re stitch all the seams, replace the elastic. Nice heavy fabric, but the Thornes ones are better (£35 in the sale)

IF I'm right, and we're talking about the same suit, the veil comes off fully and gets stuffed inside the suit for a machine wash no probs. My suit from B e e h i v e Supplies, the veil has suffered from washing and I'm darning and super glueing the holes.

Tim

My favorite suit is not a suit its a jacket. I bought it from T's sale last year, I think?, a BOAB jacket, i dyed it leaf green, quick to put on/off, never been stung through it, was cheap, the zip is fine, and so is the elastic. The only complaint is the velcro at the neck curls up and has stuck to the veil, when not wearing, so fraying/holing it. I think I may buy some netting material and replace it. I can't be doing with hopping around putting on a full suit, too hot anyway, and my balance and agility is not what it was.

My favorite suits are boiler suits, bought from local agricultural supplier for £17 and used in conjunction with the BB Wear vest type veil, one veil will outlast several boiler suits, and handy to just use the veil on its own for doing quick inspections, or when it's hot weather...much cooler than using a complete suit.

Last edited:
Cheers for that HM. I have been trying to decide what to get as my second suit as my first BB one has got a few issues. I need a second one while they repair it. I think it would be good for me to buy a veil and a couple of boiler suits as I tend to get very hot in summer and I will be able to change boiler suits between sites so they don't get to wet.

Latest posts

Back