Beekeeping programmes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nannysbees

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Thought it may be interesting if we have a thread to notify everyone if a programme is coming up, or one we can find on catch up, that highlights beekeeping. Just a thought but I'd definitively be interested if anyone knows of any programmes. Eg James mentioned about beekeeping on the river cottage programme

Last edited:
Monty Don briefly dealt with his beekeeping last week on Gardener's World; he found that a robin had nested in his bee-suit and that the young had already fledged and this was the first time he'd (Monty) donned ;) his suit all year. Obviously, the bees had swarmed, (which was OK). he got a few frames of honey and all was well.

On Springwatch last night, standing well back from some study hives, two young women discussed the varieties of colours of pollen that had been removed from bees' legs, mainly showing a colour chart and some pollen gathered previously.

As with most hobby interests that are featured on TV, it seems that beekeeping is only shown or discussed and dealt with in a very superficial way. It's fun to watch other peoples' bees and hives but one's own bees are "funner" (grandaughter-speak, now fully adopted into my vocabulary.)

Last edited:
I quite like The Bee Czar.....I know it's very American in its enthusiasm and delivery....but it's entertaining all the same 😁

If anyone speaks French there is a series of 25min films on YouTube. They're from the TV channel Arte and follow a beek in the islands of Sicily who has reintroduced a m.siciliana, one in France, and couple more worldwide.

If anyone speaks French there is a series of 25min films on YouTube. They're from the TV channel Arte and follow a beek in the islands of Sicily who has reintroduced a m.siciliana, one in France, and couple more worldwide.
Amazing, any subtitles?

QUOTE="Nick Lang, post: 830244, member: 20151"]
I quite like The Bee Czar.....I know it's very American in its enthusiasm and delivery....but it's entertaining all the same 😁
[/QUOTE]
Yes I watch it😁

any link to it?

You can turn the subtitles on and change the language on YouTube. I've just tried it for the above ^^ series👍Screenshot_20220619-123443_Samsung Internet.jpg

My daughter sent me a link in German and I did find an English version. I’ll see if I can find it

Latest posts

Back