RichardBeeW 

New Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Four but wishing to build to six with a number of nucs as support colonies
Sounds like the usual English mis spelling of tre goed, woodland homestead/farm. happens a lot - especially in the marches. We get the same issues with the Swansea lot who insist on misspelling Penllergaer (high place of the fort) as Penllegare
Stupidly I never thought of it as Tre and Coed. My Welsh isn't great but I should have spotted that. I think I would if I saw it for the first time now but as a kid it just all went over my head - but then I was very small :)

RichardBeeW 

New Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Llanthony pony trecking this is where I've done pony trecking as a child with friends and when I was courting my now wife of 17 years.
We have spent alot of time at the priory where there is a 12/13th century pub and camp site.
Even last summer we were there camping and eating out at the half moon pub. as a teen me and friends use to go to the half moon for nights out drinking and meeting girl friends.
Other pubs we use to go to Pandy inn and the The crown inn both not to far away from the farm.
Such happy memories of my youth.
@RichardBeeW your wife is a very talented artist, you must be very proud of her.
It's a shame that we moved in here, Llanyre, just six fields away from Llandod, last October and spent most of last winter thinking we could explore the area this year but of course Covid stopped us. Thank goodness we moved when we did though as we now have bees again and my wife has really, really, really got back into gardening, so plenty of fresh veg. And thank you for your kind words about Pat's art. She has worked very hard at it and yes I am pretty proud of her :) she earned us a few tens of thousands of pounds when we really needed it but is sort of semi-retired now and loving it - though she will paint a few commissions a year as she just couldn't do without it. I want a painting of us with the smoker lit, a full frame of bees held up and the sun shining down onto our hives :laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004

Curly green finger's 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
It's a shame that we moved in here, Llanyre, just six fields away from Llandod, last October and spent most of last winter thinking we could explore the area this year but of course Covid stopped us. Thank goodness we moved when we did though as we now have bees again and my wife has really, really, really got back into gardening, so plenty of fresh veg. And thank you for your kind words about Pat's art. She has worked very hard at it and yes I am pretty proud of her :) she earned us a few tens of thousands of pounds when we really needed it but is sort of semi-retired now and loving it - though she will paint a few commissions a year as she just couldn't do without it. I want a painting of us with the smoker lit, a full frame of bees held up and the sun shining down onto our hives :laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004
To the end bit, it sounds like a possible honey label to me how more personal could you get..
I think I recognise pat from somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Curly green finger's 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Last edited:

Curly green finger's 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Here's a video of a cast swarm from last season they wintered last year in two supers and now are wintering in a 14x12 hive.. The queen is orange/ brown and a Italian mongrel... They are going to be requeened this season..
CastIMjune2019
Picture from Feb 2020IMG_20200226_065006.jpg
poly carbanate got blown of and I couldn't find it any where at commons Edge apiary.
Update some one has lent the poly carbanate against one of the other hives in the apiary

Last edited:

RichardBeeW 

New Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
To the end bit, it sounds like a possible honey label to me how more personal could you get..
I think I recognise pat from somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it.
She's done lots of shows exhibiting her work, Royal Welsh every July for 9 or 10 years, the Winter Fair there, she's exhibited at Blenheim Palace, the Malvern show-ground and loads of other places, Brecon theatre, Llandeilo Festival of Senses, Llandovery Sheep Festival - the list goes on. Or maybe you hired her once to do a hit on someone? How did it go? :laughing-smiley-004 ;) :laughing-smiley-004

RichardBeeW 

New Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Oriantating bees Italian mongrels June 2020

Video of one of our Italian mongrels in a three box system.
Other hives Amm type on the spring honey flow.

my daughter has no fear made me feel a bit anxious mind. Video she has no fear

Google earth and titterstone Clee hill.

May 2020 primary swarm which absconded and took fliet.
The swarm took up residency in a bate box 1/2 a mile away. Primary swarm Italian mongrels
Really enjoyed those videos! Makes me desperate to hear that sound again come spring!! Thanks for posting :giggle:

Curly green finger's 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
She's done lots of shows exhibiting her work, Royal Welsh every July for 9 or 10 years, the Winter Fair there, she's exhibited at Blenheim Palace, the Malvern show-ground and loads of other places, Brecon theatre, Llandeilo Festival of Senses, Llandovery Sheep Festival - the list goes on. Or maybe you hired her once to do a hit on someone? How did it go? :laughing-smiley-004 ;) :laughing-smiley-004
That's shocking! pats a hit woman sugar honey ice tea that's a revelation...

We use to show sheep at the Royal Welsh show,
The small holders show in the spring, and the three county's.
Abergavenny show... To name but a few..
I probably met her at one of these maybe...
My pleasure with the videos the video with my daughter is my favourite.. She is our only girl and she acts just like her name, a Wren.

Latest posts