Curly green finger's 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Over 20
So that's the Mule pushing not pulling then ? Hope your filming exploits whilst driving are confined to bridleways and farm tracks and not main roads.

An idiot in a BMS X5 looking at her phone nearly rear ended me on Friday coming home from work when the traffic stopped suddenly to allow someone to turn right ... I had nowhere to go and I was bracing myself for the shunt as I could see her in the mirror and I was sounding my horn ... she finally stopped an inch from my rear bumper and I really, really hope she made a mess of her beige leather drivers seat .... Why people are still driving whilst using mobile phones is just totally beyond me !
The mule is a 4x4 and I was one handing it on private land

pargyle 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Unless a stray sheep gets in the way and you have to swerve at the last minute and career off the track and down the hill to strike a dry stone wall, turning the 4 x 4 over and exploding in flames ....

See what happens when you are on your phone and not concentrating !

Curly green finger's 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Over 20
Interesting morning i marked one of my queen's I was going to use for rearing and this morning she was dead on top of one of the frames.
Secondly my Miller frame has produced 4 good cells so I've made up 4 three frame Mating nucs.
Added a super to a stack that has three supers.

Curly green finger's 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Over 20
The honey flow today is something I've never seen frames dripping with nectar I got this video.
Also checked 4 demaree I did 5 days ago and all is well I leave the queen in the bottom box with a frame of emerging brood.
Added another super to all 4.
Heres colony 11in the photo which was a overwintered nuc. Harwthorne today at 3pm.received_255393796383792.jpeg

Antipodes 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth

Antipodes 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Do you have much harwthorne in taz?
We do have it, mainly in rural areas farmed in the early days by the Brits....(we've been referred to as Little England). Being removed for massive centre pivots of course in some places these days.

Central north of Tas is most like England,,,

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Well there is no obvious aggression in the videos. I take it you just laid the cages on top of the frames in the two in one nuc for filming.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Can I have comments pls do the introductions look OK?
No they don’t.
I don’t like 2 frame nucs except for emergencies despite what Roger Patterson says

A two frame nuc is one whole frame of food with honey and pollen preferably, one frame of emerging brood and at least one drawn frame preferably two
It looks like you have no food and all foundation.
A decent queen should go in a decent nuc in my opinion.

Curly green finger's 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Over 20
Well there is no obvious aggression in the videos. I take it you just laid the cages on top of the frames in the two in one nuc for filming.
Yes I did, I've made 1, 2, and three frame nucs before with mated queen's all so far so good.

No they don’t.
I don’t like 2 frame nucs except for emergencies despite what Roger Patterson says

A two frame nuc is one whole frame of food with honey and pollen preferably, one frame of emerging brood and at least one drawn frame preferably two
It looks like you have no food and all foundation.
A decent queen should go in a decent nuc in my opinion.
There's plenty of food about I am feeding them all as well.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Yes I did, I've made 1, 2, and three frame nucs before with mated queen's all so far so good.

Why does the fact that there’s plenty of food about not matter?

pargyle 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives

You are flying in the face of collective wisdom....you are asking a lot of a two frame nuc.... you've only got frames of foundation in there, no frames of emerging brood, a new queen who may start laying if they produce enough comb for her to lay in, to provide new bees in 3 weeks by which time the present lot will be knackered - all the time whilst still foraging for enough food to feed themselves and build comb and feed larvae ... yet you are taking a spring honey crop from which you could have sacrificed a frame or few of the honey you have taken off ... to at least give them a chance. Beginners errors I rather think ... certainly not beefarming ...

Latest posts