Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

admin 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Can I point out to any new members thinking of taking up beekeeping that a list was made early this year for Beekeeping courses in the uk.

It can be downloaded below.
Please mention the beekeeping forum if contacting any of the numbers so they can update us with 2010 details.

Many thanks
Admin

BEEKEEPING COURSES CLICK HERE TO VIEW

Darren 

Banned
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
I have found a course at RAF Cranwell run by Simon Crosson so I will be attending one of these can anyone reccomend anything else I should be doing?

MuswellMetro 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
I have found a course at RAF Cranwell run by Simon Crosson so I will be attending one of these can anyone reccomend anything else I should be doing?

Read a good beekeeping book, join your local BKA , i f only want one book then Hooper's: guide to bees and honey is ok and a simple read is Campion's: Bees at the bottom of the garden, but most books need updating for the varroa mite, see the pdf file (by DEFRA) on varroa on the Beebase web site for that

I have noticed that the Crossan was advertised it as a three saturdays morning or one full day course. This in my opinion might make it a bit light on theory and you will need to handle bees sometime.

so i assume that the course must have some after care with lincolnshire BKA apiary visits.,

so what next, find a site, what hive type, find bees, panic, honey..not allways in the order

Last edited:

garethbryson 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Take a course

Hi ,
I'm new to beekeping and have been reading books since last september waiting to get some bees this year. Although the books are very good i would definately reccommend going and doing the preliminary course as its quite simple, and at the end of the day if your not sure about something you read in a book then the book cant just explain it to you in an easier way. By all means join the local society too but i think you'll get alot more out of the course (and a certificate)..:hurray:
Gareth...........

mohsin789 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Mohsin

I have noticed that the Crossan was advertised it as a three saturdays morning or one full day course. This in my opinion might make it a bit light on theory and you will need to handle bees sometime.

Gilberdyke John 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi ,
I'm new to beekeping and have been reading books since last september waiting to get some bees this year. Although the books are very good i would definately reccommend going and doing the preliminary course as its quite simple, and at the end of the day if your not sure about something you read in a book then the book cant just explain it to you in an easier way. By all means join the local society too but i think you'll get alot more out of the course (and a certificate)..:hurray:
Gareth...........
The bees won't be able to read your certificate :)
I have little faith in certificates issued as a result of commercial training. Perhaps I'm cynical

itma 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Bizarre.
Response from a new (overseas) member about a four year old course … and a cynic takes some four year old bait …

Latest posts