Beekeepers quarterly September 2009 edition.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for that.

Regards;

I hope that of the folks who have said great, at least one will sub.

The whole point of giving it away now and again is to tempt subscribers to join.

Bit unfair otherwise hmm? They are a good outfit and have been for years.

PH

82 members have opened the link so I am sure some will.

I would also like to give a plug to the publisher's Northern bee books,I have used them many times and find the speed of delivery second to none.

If you want bee books then buy from them,its a case of use them or lose them.

admin would be able to recommend a couple of books for a new beek.....
so far ploughed through Ted hoopers book (excellently written) and the new Beekeeping for Dummies (not much use i thought!) every previous question on this forum and the bbka forum and various other articles online..... just after a few more books for the winter reading.

I agree with you regards the Dummies guide but a few members here found it very good,I think I flicked through mine and have not bothered since.

Hooper is the book I refer to the most.

Try:

Practical Beekeeping - Clive De Bruyn
Honey farming - R.O.B Manley

ABC & XYZ of beekeeping(American).

Waterstones will order it for £18 from the states,takes about 4-5 weeks to arrive but its a great price for a book that has thousands of pages with pictures,the candle making and queen rearing sections are nice.

Hooper is great for insomniacs...

I agree with you regards the Dummies guide but a few members here found it very good,I think I flicked through mine and have not bothered since.

i am the same i though the book just skimmed over things!

thanks for the recommendations,

Hi beeboybee

Another good and full of facts is

The Biology of the Honey Bee by M. Winston

It guides you through the biological happenings from egg to death. I use this book as a quick reference guide.
I would recommend this to any beekeeper.

Regards;

Latest posts

Back