Beekeepers back!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobandbec

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 reducing to 20
With the supers filling rapidly at the moment don't do what I did today and try to lift two full supers back onto the top of a colony made up of brood and half and four supers.

Struggling to move at the moment and have more inspections to do tomorrow?

Peter

I am sympathetic. Two of the colonies the supers are now taller than me. They are heavy/full (Langstroths) but not capped enough to extract. You can't always get a bee buddy when you need one.:grouphug:

I am sympathetic. Two of the colonies the supers are now taller than me. They are heavy/full (Langstroths) but not capped enough to extract. You can't always get a bee buddy when you need one.:grouphug:

Have you tried shouting?:cheers2:

Mike

That's a promise to help then. Thanks I'll be shouting:)!

I carried a couple of full supers at the same time for a female friend last season to her car a distance away.
I nearly past out with the weight and the heat.

I also learned the hard away..

i spent six months with no leg use so belive me i know back injuries
i just cant believe that you were so clever to do it, people laugh at me at work because of the way i shift materials, same with the bees i will never go over four supers the wieght becomes to high to be safe, add a couple of brood boxes into that as well and we are using step ladders

I carried a couple of full supers at the same time for a female friend last season to her car a distance away.
I nearly past out with the weight and the heat.

I also learned the hard away..

i just cant believe that you were so clever to do it,

He would not have done it for a male!:drool5::sifone:

Hi

I think it depends how big you are.

Hedgerow pete, you only have 4 supers at a time, that is impractical at times, maybe you can do this with a few hives, but if you have alot of hives you have no option sometimes. Also if you have a real flow on, you would be surprised how fast a big colony will fill your four supers, both honey wise and the amount of bees.

I have used a steplader before now!

Cheers

Dave

The best thing I ever bought for bee keeping is one of those things people use for delivering things (trolley thing you know what i mean with two wheels on) I bought it from aldi a while ago. I moved hive stands hives and patio slabs with it. Due to the location of 2 of my hives I will also be using it to carry my supers of honey to the car. I also have had three months off work flat on my back due to picking something up the wrong way. Never again. :cheers2:

Hi

With a little work a sack truck can be converted to have big wheels, even bicycle wheels can be used.

Then you can get them to roll over much rougher ground.

Cheers

Dave

This is what you want!

picture.php

The one i bought had big pneumatic wheels sort of all terain wheels it cost me £20 well worth the money.

I got one with all terain tyres on,got toyota hi-lux written on it,cost more than 20 quid though.

Hi

If we are talking pickups, I have one too, mine does 14mpg and is a heavy old girl, on 16" wheels, the tyres however are big! Extremely geared down, so very torquey, but top speed of about 25-30mph.

Cheers

Dave

Latest posts

Back