Beekeeper web app

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beepcelar

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello, I'm working on a web application for beekeepers. In addition to helping beekeepers keep records of their apiaries, it was conceived as a complete aid for any beekeeper, whether novice or advanced. Some of the more advanced options I plan to incorporate is the warning that too many hives are in a particular location or that the disease is spreading in that location. It will also be a full calendar to keep beekeepers informed of what they should do at a certain time. The application is in its first pre-alpha version and is currently online in the local market. Options have already been made such as setting up a location for the apiary, quickly adding notes (Speech-to-text), quick access via scanning the hive barcode.

Help me come up with a international name. Until than you can find application at this domain pcelar.net

Hi Beepcelar

I’ve had a look at your website and first I want to say it looks good, especially for an early version (0.0.4 according to website).

The first and most major thing is that there does not appear to be anyway to add inspections (and no references to it being forthcoming). Am I missing something here? You can add notes but that doesn’t seem to be the equivalent to what I’d expect to record in a typical inspection.

The second, and this is a more general point, is that everyone under the sun seems to be creating their own websites/apps/databases/spreadsheets etc for recording. I’m sure that many are done by professional or amateurs with the best of intentions, but there seems to be a lot of reinventing the wheel, with a lot of ‘nearly good but not quite right systems’ out there. Perhaps you should open source the system and host it somewhere like GitLab/hub which would allow other developers to hack, and also allow users to submit issues via the ‘help-desks’ available on those platforms. I’m sure users would still be happy to contribute towards costs (eg via your existing PayPal button) and you’re likely to get more users with a well developed piece of software.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back