Beehaus record keeping book

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Compostcritter

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Has anyone used the Beehaus record keeping book, if so what's your opinion of it? I would also be interested in how people keep and transfer records from the hands on bit of beekeeping as it is hard to turn the pages when your gloves are on.

No.

I keep my record cards on the crown boards so the info I need is to hand when I need it. I don't need it at home. Knowing a colony has 7 frames of brood at home is of little use, but it is of use when a week later there is still only 7 frames as that denotes a problem if the other colonies have romped on by one or two frames.

PH

Being a mere 2 hive owner I keep my records in the shed so after inspecting my 2 hives I can still remember what I saw after taking off all my protective gear. It's sometimes handy having records at home to remind me of jobs that need doing before or during the next inspection so i can get the stuff ready though.

Since I forget absolutely everything the moment I put the hive roof back on, I have to write down what I've found immediately, on a small whiteboard.
Then transfer it to a notebook when I get back to the house.

Bit Stone Age, I know... :rolleyes:

... It's sometimes handy having records at home to remind me of jobs that need doing before or during the next inspection so i can get the stuff ready though.
:iagree:

But keeping notes on the hive itself *really* pays off when different people may be doing the inspection - and particularly so at a club apiary!

Has anyone any good examples of record cards?

No, I write all the hive info on the hive roof, that way I can read the hives condition as I get to the hive.

Last edited:
i use the mind palace approach (only thing i use it for).

although mine is more a mind apiary.

each colony is assigned a mental hive in which i store mental images of the frames. and so on.

i use the mind palace approach (only thing i use it for) ...

After ITMA told us how to calculate stores I found that I started to forget where I am in my counting. I considered making a kind of abacus to help me, but now I know the answer - create a mind palace. I'll have to work on that one to get it right.

Latest posts

Back