Beehaus just arrived! - first impressions

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think you could have got that more wrong, he is just replying to the 11 negative responses in this thread, in the same piss taking manner.

Aye but "Bring it on":reddevil: is however a trollish challenge

John Wilkinson

and working on the "any publicity is good publicity" theory, he could well be part of a subtle spamming network flogging overpriced garish plastic beer coolers into a gullible market........ following it's initial brilliant blitzkrieg of "free" marketing gleaned from the BBC and innumerable newspapers, it's gone a bit quiet on that front of late.............:coolgleamA:
Won't be long, it'll be the "pigihus" - complete with two runts for a modest £28k a pop so that "loadsamoney" types can demonstrate their undoubted good taste by flaunting their keeping up with the Beckhams.........
hysteria.gif

Aye but "Bring it on":reddevil: is however a trollish challenge

John Wilkinson

I find it a bit dissapointing that a fella cant post in the Beehaus forum without people jumping on the bandwaggon and extracting the urine about his choice of bee box, from his original post he sounds excited about receiving the box and is looking forward to receiving his bees, yet there is 11 posts knocking him for chosing something different.

is this going to carry on if/when he is having problems and wants to ask questions?

As I said up there ^^^, I dont give a fig what type of box he keeps his bees in as long as he does things properly and learns the stuff he needs to learn

Hombre, what is your concern about the supers? PS it is NOT correx.
Context:
If you wanted a real bee hive, fit for real bees and wanted to push the envelope then the CEDAR NATIONAL ON DOUBLE BROOD is the way to go. You bought a piece of correx. LOL
CR
:rofl:
Of course it is..[/QUOTE]

I guess that I might have been right after all then Jim . . . I have heard a lot of talk about Correx just recently. :)

Last edited:
Hombre

The reason I said it is not correx is becuase it is not!

It is actualy Kaysersberg:coolgleamA::willy_nilly:

Correx sheet is manufactured exclusively in the UK by Kaysersberg Plastics (formerly Correx Plastics). The Company is a division of DS Smith Plastics Limited.

http://www.correx.com/

An what if it is made of Kaysersberg sheets? Its what you do with them not what they are.

Thats like saying a cedar hiver is just a plank of wood!

Dont worry, I'm not one for sulking or taking life too seriously. But I will probably use the Omlet board for advice and this one for a bit of a joke around... It is fun to listen to what you all have to say and it did make me smile - but (a couple of posters aside) it's mostly mikey-taking and in all seriousness, for newbee's like me, it's hard to know who is piss-taking and who is helpful.... (did that sound sulky? sorry, not intended to!)
Gary

Dont worry, I'm not one for sulking or taking life too seriously. But I will probably use the Omlet board for advice and this one for a bit of a joke around... It is fun to listen to what you all have to say and it did make me smile - but (a couple of posters aside) it's mostly mikey-taking and in all seriousness, for newbee's like me, it's hard to know who is piss-taking and who is helpful.... (did that sound sulky? sorry, not intended to!)
Gary
You've been tested and passed with flying colours :coolgleamA:.
Sorry but I can't promise the piss taking will stop :leaving:

John Wilkinson

and working on the "any publicity is good publicity" theory, he could well be part of a subtle spamming network flogging overpriced garish plastic beer coolers into a gullible market........ following it's initial brilliant blitzkrieg of "free" marketing gleaned from the BBC and innumerable newspapers, it's gone a bit quiet on that front of late.............:coolgleamA:
Won't be long, it'll be the "pigihus" - complete with two runts for a modest £28k a pop so that "loadsamoney" types can demonstrate their undoubted good taste by flaunting their keeping up with the Beckhams.........
hysteria.gif

Brosville, thats not piss-taking or pub banter - and proves my point in the previous post. totally unhelpful. And anyway, I don't need to keep up with the Beckhams - my house is bigger, I'm better looking, wear better clothes and even pronounce my words properly....

Brosville, thats not piss-taking or pub banter - and proves my point in the previous post. totally unhelpful. And anyway, I don't need to keep up with the Beckhams - my house is bigger, I'm better looking, wear better clothes and even pronounce my words properly....

Plus, they would have got a RED beehaus - jeez - don't you read Heat Magazine...?

Is that one of those "sleb" magazines of which they have large racks near the checkouts in supermarkets, the covers of which I can scan in detail and pride myself in not having a clue who ANY of said "slebs" are? :coolgleamA:

I will probably use the Omlet board for advice and this one for a bit of a joke around
Gary

I wish you the best of luck !!

We have a few members who run 500 plus hives at a time but I am sure being advised by someone who has a plastic hive and read a book last year will be fine.

Anyway like you said above,you have loads of money,so if the bee's die you can just go buy some more..

Essexgary,

You could do worse than check out 'roblynmouth'. Not heard much (well nothing at all). He was on here as 'beesrob'. He did not appear to have a clue, just bought a plastic beetainer and bees, then proceeded to attempt to kill the bees through ignorance of basic hive operation.

There are a few modifications which are really required to make the beehaus a sensible option. It works OK but has few basic design flaws showing through.

The (main UK) proponent of the long deep hive, Robin Dartington is also a member of the forum.

I really actually like my Dartingtons but have only colonised the beehaus recently - and it is unfortunate that it is the only colony I have which either does not have a queen or is un-mated. I popped in a frame of brood/eggs last week but, as yet, have not gone back to it again. There is no rush as I have several colonies and am not bothered by the slow development as I will simply sort out another queen, if required.

Personally I would not buy another (didn't buy this one for any other reason than to compare it with my Dartingtons).

I might try the Apimaye next, but for serious beekeeping there is yet to be anything more well-suited than the plastic hives developed some 30 years ago - the high-density, expanded polystyrene hive. As a development over the well tried and tested designs of many decades, the polyhives have some advantage - cheapness, lightweight construction, superb insulation properties being among them, but they were only radicle in materials-of-manufacture those decades ago.

I am sorry, but if you are thinking of using the omlet board for consructive ideas for beekeeping problems, there are few who can/do actually offer sensible advice and most of those are on this forum too, I suspect.

You may get a lot of banter on this forum but at least it is mostly from beeks with experience and more than one hive.

Have you been on a beekeping course, or belong to your local BKA? Both very useful for a variety of reasons.

I am just off to the other forum to see if the new beek has found the problem with operating their new offering.........

Regards, RAB

I am sorry, but if you are thinking of using the omlet board for consructive ideas for beekeeping problems, there are few who can/do actually offer sensible advice and most of those are on this forum too, I suspect.

EssexGarry

RAB and myself are owners of the beehaus (I sometimes run Omlet courses as well), I have to say that RAB and myself are 2 of the main contributors on the Omlet forum, but far less than we contribute on this one.

Ask away the questions, but remember the forum ettiquet:beatdeadhorse5:

If you wanted a real bee hive, fit for real bees and wanted to push the envelope then the CEDAR NATIONAL ON DOUBLE BROOD is the way to go. You bought a piece of correx. LOL

CR

Fools and money are easy parted! LOL

Busy Bee

Thanks Rab, for the advice. Yes, I have just completed a good course and joined my local BKA - infact the leader called me tonight to introduce herself and we had a lovely chat, she is a disease expert and only lives around the corner. Luckily I have a good network of support locally all of whom are experienced and very interested in how I get on with the Tardis. I intend to do the best job I can for my bees and am at the stage now where I've read all I can without actually owning the bees for reference and am looking forward to getting going with the real thing. I ordered my nuc from the course tutor who is kindly delivering them in about three weeks and will spend the day with me making sure I'm all-set. I can't wait and will, I'm sure be making full use of the local network I have built up. You're probably right about the omlet site for good advice - but I have learned that this is probably also not the best place for new beekeepers.. Which is a shame as you all have so much experience. Gary

You could do worse than check out 'roblynmouth'. Not heard much (well nothing at all). He was on here as 'beesrob'. He did not appear to have a clue, just bought a plastic beetainer and bees, then proceeded to attempt to kill the bees through ignorance of basic hive operation.

Lol I remember him well, I even tried to help him.

He was running progress videos on youtube up until the winter.

He's extremely quiet now :)

CR

Of course it is..

Fools and money are easy parted! LOL

Busy Bee[/QUOTE]

Pete...........I think that they're taking the p++s out of us!

As long as they are having fun....thats the main thing:seeya:

I have a Beehaus as Like others I run Omlet courses,I also have the original Dartington, that this year has 16 frames of bees and brood and three honey boxes on, the divider board is in and the other entrance is in use as a cell raiser colony, Beehaus does'nt work exactly the same as the divider board will only go in one place, my only concern is that you can land up with a massive colony of bees and in your garden with all the problems that can bring, its great for making nucs!!!!!
kev

Back