beeforum auction site

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
I have looked at this site a few times and it would seem that it's not getting used a great deal. Why ?
Is it because there is a section on the main forum (wanted and for sale )
So i was thinking lol, do you think it would be better for admins site if the wanted or for sale thread took you straight to the auction site.
Or maybe keep the wanted bit unless this could be put into the for sale site, i don't know.

I'm just trying to find a way of keeping Admin busy as the bees are asleep now he needs things to do :biggrinjester:

I think it would be noticed more if it was at the top of the page instead of the bottom.

I'm sure if we all put our heads together we could create more work for Admin to make the Auction site more noticeable :D

I think it would be noticed more if it was at the top of the page instead of the bottom.

Don't think it will make any difference if it was slap bang in the middle of the forum,seems to of gone wrong.

It should be working with the amount of users this forum has.
Maybe because little gets put on there. I have a idea :D if everyone gets something and puts it on there for sale no matter how small it should give it a kick start.Also it needs to bee more noticeable it don't catch much attention there, maybe a banner style at the top of the page or at least something that stands out.
If we all agreed to put something on there at a certain date that would give it a bulk amount of for sale goods to start with .

Thoughts please

I just looked at it and it seems as if it might be working ok although I didnt try bidding. Theres only one item for sale.

thats the point Dishmop it needs a helping hand . Its tucked away and hard to find we very little coming up for sale.

I tried it yesterday,was going to buy that fondant of Kev,not working at all.

Have you told Admin it don't work ? I will register later and give it ago.

If we all agreed to put something on there at a certain date that would give it a bulk amount of for sale goods to start with .

Thoughts please

The problem with that is first getting people to agree and then acting on it instead of just talking about it.

I suggest you go for it wightbees as things are seldom achieved by committee and when I had bits on it early in its life it worked reasonably well and even sold something to a chap not from the forum so it was found by at least one person not on the forum.

Whats the deal with the auction site, is it part of this forum, eg run and owned by Admin, or owned by a 3rd party who happens to advertise here?

Yes its owned by the forum.
Nothing to do with anyone else.

I have a load of bits to put on at some point.

Its working fine.
Just done a check and it has resent emails to new members.

Yes.....just got another e mail......you been fishing Mark.

Can some explain how it works lol
I just bid 1 quid on the spinner to see how the bidding works and it does not show up although it does say i'm the highest bidder :D reserve not met lol

Ahh i see, you trying to out bid me lol

Back