Bee vac

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr C

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm looking for the man who makes the bee vacs thanks for your help

DURATOOL D01958 ASH CLEANER, 20L from CPC works very well & £15

I was in need of a bee vac and made an enquiry on fleebay to a person making /selling bee vacs. I found him very rude in his responses. I have successfully made my own at a quarter of the price. Have a go

It would be easy to reduce suction

I have seen some bee vacs with poor design where the bees enter and a smashed against frames

Better to have a sloping ramp or similar rather than a brick wall!

you cant hang frames in a ash vac'..........

and i'm confident the pipe will be ribbed.

Steves set up accomadates 5 frames and smooth bore 2 mtr hose.

Thanks for all your help locating Steve and the advice given

If you use the Duratool ash can try only to use it to mop up stragglers after a cut out rather than to extract all the bees with it. Line the bottom with bubble wrap to make their landing softer.

I use a Henry vacumn attached to it & on low suction it works very well, some vacumns also have a gap in the pipe you can open & close to adjust suction. The ribbed pipe isn't perfect but again low suction makes it usable & often in these situations pest control is the homeowners next step. If you can set the vac up so it just lifts the bees that's great.

When collected put mesh over the opening and rehome. It's not for more than a very temporary use.

I was in need of a bee vac and made an enquiry on fleebay to a person making /selling bee vacs. I found him very rude in his responses. I have successfully made my own at a quarter of the price. Have a go

Sorry if you thought i was rude you were asking me to post a vac to france if i remember correctly i replied that i was unwilling to post to europe because of the costs involved you wanted to sort your own courier out but it would involve me waiting in all day for them to collect i make these vacs when im not at work
(i work regular night shifts)

i do apologize but im not a rude person and would go out my way to help out people if i came across that way then im truly am :sorry:

Sorry if you thought i was rude you were asking me to post a vac to france if i remember correctly i replied that i was unwilling to post to europe because of the costs involved you wanted to sort your own courier out but it would involve me waiting in all day for them to collect i make these vacs when im not at work

i do apologize but im not a rude person and would go out my way to help out people if i came across that way then im truly am :sorry:

It seems to me that you did all you could to satisfy a "Would Be" customer.
You can't please everyone, & some people will go out of their way to be offended. :ohthedrama:

I have had nothing but a good service from Steve dealing with him this week comes across in a very professional manner. For somebody who is not really running a business and is making Bee vac in his spare time I will let you all know how I get on with his kit

It seems to me that you did all you could to satisfy a "Would Be" customer.
You can't please everyone, & some people will go out of their way to be offended. :ohthedrama:

its a shame though
it takes months / years to gain peoples trust but only takes seconds to end it.
Please if anyone as any questions contact me i put alot of time and money into making these when i break down the costs involved i dont make alot on them and most people would have called it a day but i like keeping busy making things it also keeps the my head happy :nature-smiley-013:

I have had nothing but a good service from Steve dealing with him this week comes across in a very professional manner. For somebody who is not really running a business and is making Bee vac in his spare time I will let you all know how I get on with his kit

A true gent thank you

Now that's what I call an apology. Well done, Steve. You can't win them all but it's nice to win some.

CVB

While we are on the subject.....my problem with any bee vac is that it seems to spray the bees with honey that is sucked accidentally from frames when trying to suck bees up. This coats the bees in honey and deaths through suffocation seem to be high. Anyone else experienced this and how do you get round it? Maybe I suck too hard! :)

Latest posts

Back