Bee swarm collectors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merylvingien

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Hi fellas i have just launched a new site for wasp controllers throughout the uk. And i am wanting to add a section for bee swarm collectors/officers etc call them what you like.

I have been in touch with the BBKA but they wont let me use thier list.
So i will have to build my own, which is fair enough.

So i am putting the word around and hope that you will do so too. If you can mention to your local swarm co-ordinator that this new site is up and running and if they would like to be added to the list then i would gladly do so.

The site is wasp control UK and hopefully its going to be a good one. ;)

Don't be over zealous in destroying (controlling) wasps :).)
Everything has a niche in nature and the common wasp controls aphids by feeding it's young literally tons of the same during it's active period! Yes the odd weak colony of bees succumb to a wasp attack but by and large the wasp is indeed the gardeners friend :).
As regards the swarm collection , we in this area have a pro-active system coupled with the Police and the pest control services, each small area has a swarm collector listed and swarms collected can be married to newbies on a waiting list!
The incident of swarming has dropped considerably with the loss of ferral colonies plus the better education of swarm control and beekeeping in general by the various Lancashire branches :).

John Wilkinson

No worries H.P will be glad to add you to the list.

Don't be over zealous in destroying (controlling) wasps :).)
Everything has a niche in nature and the common wasp controls aphids by feeding it's young literally tons of the same during it's active period! Yes the odd weak colony of bees succumb to a wasp attack but by and large the wasp is indeed the gardeners friend :).
As regards the swarm collection , we in this area have a pro-active system coupled with the Police and the pest control services, each small area has a swarm collector listed and swarms collected can be married to newbies on a waiting list!
The incident of swarming has dropped considerably with the loss of ferral colonies plus the better education of swarm control and beekeeping in general by the various Lancashire branches :).

John Wilkinson

Most of the nests that get treated are on peoples houses, so are a particular nuisance.

The main reason for posting this here, is the sheer quantity of calls that pest controllers get in the spring for bee swarms.

The amount i turned away last spring was silly and i am only covering north hampshire.
I would rather point people in the direction of someone who can deal with the bees without destroying them. Everyone is happy then!

I can imagine that with this new site covering the whole country there will be a fair amount of bee traffic come the spring!

P.S if your a swarm collector, please email to be added to the list
You can email me via the site.

DONT sign up as a pest controller as someone just did :D

Latest posts

Back