bee suits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thurrock bees

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,
im on the market for a second bee suit. ive looked around a bit and bbwear has one for £98, which im using as my main suit. ive noticed there are suits on fleabay, does anyone have experience with these suits???

I bought a cheap one from e bay and it has been binned. BBwear also do a cheaper one at £82 that just has less pockets.

I got my dad one for Christmas and cost about £40. The material isn't as thick but it does the job. Just waiting to see how long it lasts

Mark

Hi all,
im on the market for a second bee suit. ive looked around a bit and bbwear has one for £98, which im using as my main suit. ive noticed there are suits on fleabay, does anyone have experience with these suits???

bought one on fleabay from somerset area £40 and the zip around the veil went after two months, had it replaced for £10 at local shop

now a good second suit

Last edited:
I bought one from Th*rns for £80, grew out of it, spent £40 on ebay and ended up with a far better, thicker suit....
pm for details

I bought a childs one from an ebay seller called wonderstruck based near Wells, Somerset. it was listed as 'seconds' with a minor but bee proof fault in the veil.

The quality is good, not quite as good as my bbwear suit but certainly adequate.

I have three froom ebay, around £40 each - may not be up to Sheriff's standards but perfectly OK. Source was Polish I think, but PM me if you want further details

Hi all,
My Darling Daughters bought me a fencing veil smock from www.thebeeshop.co.uk I haven't tried it yet but it seems excellent quality. Cost £32-50. (I like to see what they think I am worth, it helps when making the will).

Zip went on my Fragile P****t suit after 1 year... bought a couple of Buzz suits inexpensive and ok so far... think they are all made in far east.

:svengo:Moths got to my old JL Uxbridge? veil :svengo:

My Darling Daughters bought me a fencing veil smock from www.thebeeshop.co.uk I haven't tried it yet but it seems excellent quality. Cost £32-50. (I like to see what they think I am worth, it helps when making the will).

LOL

I think these are the same people I bought my ebay 'second' from, as I said a good quality suit and very prompt delivery.

I bought one on Fleabay for approx £45, the material is a nice weight but the veil does not flip back but dangles on your chest, and the zips are crap, I plan to get a BBwear one next.

Latest posts

Back